Anyone knows that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who do rate comparisons are highly likely to buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a policy with better rates. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who shopped around annually saved approximately $860 a year compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on insurance is the reason for your visit, understanding how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
The best way to find affordable Land Rover Discovery insurance in Oakland is to regularly compare quotes from companies who can sell car insurance in California.
- First, take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for additional tips to get low prices and find additional discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Cheapest companies for Land Rover Discovery insurance in California
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Oakland, CA. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Oakland, CA, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Do you qualify for discounts on Land Rover Discovery insurance in Oakland?
Companies offering auto insurance do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get reduced rates.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Oakland car insurance with certain companies.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable driving data submission to study driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course in safe driver could save 5% or more if you qualify.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Esurance may offer discounts for defensive driver, safety device, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, and renters.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, and anti-theft.
- AAA has discounts for multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, and multi-car.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, driver training, military active duty, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, student away at school, multiple autos, driver’s education, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered in Oakland.
Do I need an agent?
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Oakland?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How are claims handled?
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either type can do a good job, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Oakland willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Maria Wong – State Farm Insurance Agent
1000 Broadway #270 – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 834-3634 – View Map
- Judy Chambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
1305 Franklin St #400 – Oakland, CA 94612 – (510) 832-2195 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Lilian Cabrera
1324 Fruitvale Ave – Oakland, CA 94601 – (510) 436-6900 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to check rates from independent agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Oakland independent insurance agents that can give you price quotes.
- Film Casualty Insurance Agency
3246 Ettie St #23 – Oakland, CA 94608 – (619) 578-3048 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ruby Joyce Barnett
440 Grand Ave #450 – Oakland, CA 94610 – (510) 251-3800 – View Map
- On My Way Insurance
320 10th St – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 893-3298 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
We’ve covered many ideas to shop for Land Rover Discovery insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Oakland car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
The cheapest Land Rover Discovery insurance in Oakland can be purchased online and with local Oakland insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent and even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is actually quite simple.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Impreza in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oakland Car Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)