Really, the only way to find more affordable Subaru Outback insurance in Oakland is to do an annual price comparison from providers who sell insurance in California.
- It will benefit you to learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and a poor credit score can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides instructions to find cheap rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
A recent car insurance study revealed that most California car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in the U.S. can save 46.5% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Subaru Outback insurance in Oakland
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Subaru could earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will definitely lower the cost of coverage.
The example below shows the comparison of Subaru Outback insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, student away at school, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and good driver.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, anti-theft, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for 55 and older, driver training, good student, automatic seat belts, student driver, theft prevention, and homeowners.
- American Family offers discounts for bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, early bird, air bags, good student, and good driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, good student, and driver training.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good student, and pay-in-full.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in your area.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Oakland, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Subaru Outback coverage analysis
The rate table displayed next outlines a range of rate quotes for Subaru Outback models. Understanding more about how insurance prices are formulated is important to be able to make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$266||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific Oakland garaging location which can decrease or increase prices noticeably.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The example below shows the difference between Subaru Outback insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut rule for eliminating physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Subaru Outback replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $300 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Many people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Oakland who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Below is a list of insurers in Oakland that are able to give comparison quotes for Subaru Outback insurance in Oakland.
- Film Casualty Insurance Agency
3246 Ettie St #23 – Oakland, CA 94608 – (619) 578-3048 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Yonas Hagos
220 4th St Suite 200 – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 763-1030 – View Map
- Greater Metrowest Insurance Agency
Oakland, CA 94612 – Oakland, CA 94612 – (510) 444-1404 – View Map
- JCB Insurance Services
6427 Westover Dr – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 336-3490 – View Map
California auto insurance companies ranked
Choosing the best insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in Oakland. The ranking data in the next section may help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Shop around and save
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, policy cancellation and poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
When you buy Oakland car insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Subaru Outback insurance in Oakland. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oakland Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)