The best way to save money on Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Oakland is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in California. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for the details to get low prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. View insurance agents
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Escalade EXT insurance in Oakland. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. Once received, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you're comparing the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
It's amazing but most insurance buyers in California kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. U.S. consumers could save almost 46.5% every year just by shopping around, but most just don't grasp how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Seven Things That Influence Your Insurance Premiums
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Excellent credit scores equal low premiums - Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Cadillac Escalade EXT by taking the time to improve your credit score. People with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
Drive less and save - The higher the miles on your Cadillac in a year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. It's always a good idea to double check that your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated Escalade EXT can result in significantly higher rates.
Urban residents pay more - Having an address in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
Car insurance policy lapses raise prices - Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
Cautious drivers pay the best costs - Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one citation can increase rates substantially. People who have flagrant tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to keep their license.
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault claims can increase Cadillac Escalade EXT annual premium costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Your gender affects rates - Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn't prove that females are better drivers. Both genders are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Your liability protection limits - Liability insurance will provide protection in the event that you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
It's important to know that having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Not every company allows you to get rate quotes online, so you also need to get prices from them, too.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Oakland, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Coverage statistics and figures
The rate information shown next covers different insurance rates for Cadillac Escalade EXT models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy premiums are determined can be useful when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade EXT 4WD||$496||$1086||$500||$30||$150||$2,262||$189|
|Escalade EXT Luxury Edition 4WD||$496||$1086||$500||$30||$150||$2,262||$189|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can impact insurance rates greatly.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac Escalade EXT has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects your Cadillac and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Cadillac gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Oakland
Car insurance companies don't always advertise every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Oakland auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to your current Escalade EXT insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Drive Less and Save - Maintaining low annual mileage can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Accident Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids living away from Oakland attending college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Cadillac Escalade EXT yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- AAA discounts include good driver, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, passive restraint, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Esurance offers discounts for homeowner, anti-theft, paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, Pac-12 alumni, and good student.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, anti-theft, defensive driving, business or organization, and accident-free.
Check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state. To see providers that offer the discounts shown above in California, click here.
Local agents and insurance
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Oakland who will give you quotes for your coverage. You don't have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which family members are covered?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Choose the right car insurance agent
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Oakland are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Oakland that are able to give price quote information.
- Jessica Hebert - State Farm Insurance Agent
490 Grand Ave #210 - Oakland, CA 94610 - (510) 653-2900 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jimmie Oliver
1800 55th Ave - Oakland, CA 94621 - (510) 517-7663 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Mahir Abdul-Haqq
4267 Masterson St - Oakland, CA 94619 - (510) 530-8502 - View Map
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, you will want to get some free quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Oakland that can give you comparison quotes.
- Film Casualty Insurance Agency
3246 Ettie St #23 - Oakland, CA 94608 - (619) 578-3048 - View Map
- Fred Loya Insurance
1620 High St STE B - Oakland, CA 94601 - (510) 434-1801 - View Map
- JCB Insurance Services
6427 Westover Dr - Oakland, CA 94611 - (510) 336-3490 - View Map
After receiving good answers to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to provide insurance coverage. It's important to know that you have the power to terminate your policy at any point so don't assume you are locked into any particular company for the entire policy term.
You can lower your car insurance rates
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Oakland. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Oakland auto insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Cadillac Escalade EXT rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation and even policy non-renewal. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
When shopping online for car insurance, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)