It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who get price quotes annually are inclined to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely compared quotes saved $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving the most money on Lincoln MKX insurance in Oakland is your objective, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Really, the only way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Oakland. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is that you use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Lincoln MKX insurance in Oakland takes advantage of the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including whether you are married, daily mileage, if you have an active license, and which vehicles you own. The data is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Lincoln MKX now, click here and complete the quick form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheap rates on Lincoln MKX insurance in Oakland with these auto insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new MKX can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could qualify for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Oakland auto insurance quote.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Oakland Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKX auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may include these benefits possibly include:
Check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies everywhere.
Rates and data analysis
The data table displayed below covers different insurance prices for Lincoln MKX models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance quotes are determined can help customers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower price quotes substantially.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Lincoln MKX insurance prices for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower premium levels. Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Insurance costs and vehicle performance – The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles receive the most favorable rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The chart below uses these assumptions: married female driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Lincoln MKX insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different risk factors.
- Pleasure use saves money – Driving a lot of miles each year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars not used for work or commuting cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Verify your policy properly reflects the correct usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your MKX is just wasting money.
- Save money with higher coverage deductibles – Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your Lincoln. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken windshield, damage from fire, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Frequent policy claims will cost you more – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in California give the lowest premiums to drivers who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
Lincoln MKX insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that historically have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Lincoln MKX vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Lincoln MKX Models Specific Lincoln Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKX 4dr 2WD 77 80 67 66 81 78 Lincoln MKX 4dr 4WD 86 91 92 76 79 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to talk to a local agent. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from small agencies is still important in Oakland.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you are searching for a local Oakland insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Oakland can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Oakland that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Oakland willing to provide comparison quotes.
Rich Kirchner – State Farm Insurance Agent
5736 Thornhill Dr Ste 101 – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 339-9340 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Oakland?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
If you receive good responses to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that can be relied on to service your policy.
Ratings for Oakland car insurance companies
Choosing a high-quality company can be challenging considering how many choices you have in California. The company ratings in the next section may help you decide which insurers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Shop smart and save
Affordable Lincoln MKX insurance in Oakland can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Oakland auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to lower your Lincoln MKX insurance prices in Oakland. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More information can be found at the links below
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Used Cars in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)