How long has it been since you shopped around for cheaper Nissan cube insurance in Oakland? Are you intimidated by the wide range of insurance sources available to you? Many other drivers are too. Consumers have so many options that it can easily turn into a difficult challenge to find better prices for Nissan cube insurance in Oakland. Everyone knows that Oakland has many things to offer, but expensive insurance rates makes it difficult to keep a tight budget.
Steps to finding low-cost Nissan cube insurance in Oakland
The best way to find cheaper prices for Nissan cube insurance in Oakland is to compare prices once a year from providers in California.
Step 1: Read and learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations and a poor credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article provides additional ideas to prevent high prices and find hidden discounts.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Oakland. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who compare other prices will most likely move their business because they have good chances of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance is why you’re here, learning the best way to shop and compare auto insurance can help simplify the process.
Companies offering Nissan cube insurance in California
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Rates and detailed analysis
The premium information displayed below covers estimates of policy rates for Nissan cube models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance policy rates are figured helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cube S 2WD||$216||$324||$424||$26||$126||$1,116||$93|
|Cube SL 2WD||$216||$394||$424||$26||$126||$1,186||$99|
|Cube Krom 2WD||$244||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,284||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect insurance rates considerably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Nissan cube annual premium costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Nissan cube insurance in Oakland
Some insurance providers do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Oakland car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Sign Online – A few companies provide a small discount shop Oakland car insurance on your computer.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save you some money because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below compares Nissan cube car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- SAFECO has discounts for bundle discounts, homeowner, drive less, multi-car, safe driver, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family offers premium reductions for Steer into Savings, accident-free, mySafetyValet, air bags, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, federal employee, seat belt use, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Oakland. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Oakland, click this link.
Smart Consumers Save Every Year
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that aid in calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates. Many different elements are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The items below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- You may save more by bundling policies – Most insurance companies afford lower prices to clients that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare Nissan cube rates in Oakland to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Vocation stress can affect premiums – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs like judges, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers are shown to have higher rates than average because of high stress and long work hours. Conversely, professions such as actors, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Never go without insurance – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Get a ticket, pay higher premiums – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Just one speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have careless citations such as reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The chart below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders raise Nissan cube insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Marriage discount – Your spouse may cut your premiums compared to being single. It usually means you are more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
High premiums for teenage drivers – Older people are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Young drivers are proven to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Alarm systems lowers premiums – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood Oakland car insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Oakland who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Oakland, get answers to these questions.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Oakland?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Oakland
When finding a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents to choose from. Oakland agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Oakland that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Francis H. Lan
900 Alice St Ste 128 – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 835-8581 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Scott Halbrook
1433 Leimert Blvd – Oakland, CA 94602 – (510) 531-1432 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amy Cheok
180 2nd St #1 – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 338-3570 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing insurance prices, you will want to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Oakland who can help you get price quotes.
- David E. Quan Agency Insurance Brokers, Inc.
523 47th St – Oakland, CA 94609 – (510) 653-8880 – View Map
- Thandi Insurance Brokerage
2859 Mandela Pkwy – Oakland, CA 94608 – (510) 452-1566 – View Map
- Cook Disharoon and Greathouse Insurance Brokers
1942 Embarcadero – Oakland, CA 94606 – (510) 437-1900 – View Map
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
When you buy Oakland car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Nissan cube insurance in Oakland. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Oakland car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Steps to quoting cheaper Nissan cube insurance in Oakland
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount Nissan cube insurance in Oakland is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in California. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper cube coverage is available in Oakland. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
More detailed car insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Oakland Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Oakland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)