A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that over 70% of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many consumers in Oakland could save approximately $470 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to quote cheaper Subaru BRZ insurance in Oakland is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in California.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for information to prevent high prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Oakland. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Most companies give coverage prices direct online. Comparing Subaru BRZ insurance rates online is pretty easy as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into a form. After the form is submitted, the system will obtain credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote based on these and other factors.
Being able to quote online for Subaru BRZ insurance in Oakland helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to perform this step if you are searching for cheaper insurance pricing.
To save time and find out how much you can save on insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Oakland, CA. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in CA, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Don’t overlook these Subaru BRZ insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as the least known insurance savings.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to track vehicle usage remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current BRZ insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Oakland auto insurance online.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will help reduce your policy premium.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Travelers has discounts for early quote, save driver, home ownership, new car, and driver training.
- 21st Century may include discounts for student driver, early bird, homeowners, good student, automatic seat belts, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, good student, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, multi-vehicle, driver training, air bags, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, homeowner, and anti-theft.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, multi-car, anti-theft, education and occupation, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To locate insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in California, click here.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though Oakland BRZ insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Subaru BRZ, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves your Subaru BRZ and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance agents near you
Many people would prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Oakland.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Oakland who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they work. Agencies in Oakland can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in Oakland that can give you comparison quotes.
- Film Casualty Insurance Agency
3246 Ettie St #23 – Oakland, CA 94608 – (619) 578-3048 – View Map
- Cook Disharoon and Greathouse Insurance Brokers
1942 Embarcadero – Oakland, CA 94606 – (510) 437-1900 – View Map
- Western-Southern Life Insurance Co
80 Swan Way # 102 – Oakland, CA 94621 – (510) 877-4119 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Oakland who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Liz Drennan
4170 Piedmont Ave c – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 594-2090 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Man Kin Lau
638 Webster St #200a – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 282-7996 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Cuong Cao
433 International Blvd – Oakland, CA 94606 – (510) 836-5555 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is there a local claims center in Oakland?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Upon receiving reasonable responses to these questions as well as cheaper BRZ insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to service your policy.