Trying to find cheaper Jeep Wrangler insurance in Oakland is always frustrating for people who are new to online price comparisons. Consumers have so many options available that it can quickly become a challenge to find the perfect company for you.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don't want you to look at other companies. Drivers who compare price quotes are inclined to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Oakland is the reason for your visit, then understanding how to quote prices and compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration.
All major auto insurance companies give coverage prices on the web. Getting Jeep Wrangler insurance prices online doesn't take much effort as you just enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, the quote system requests reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Oakland makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's necessary to perform this step if you want to get the lowest payment possible.
To compare rates using this form now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you complete the form with your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you're receiving a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Wrangler, most lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Jeep at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Wrangler are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Rates and detailed analysis
The premium table shown below outlines estimates of insurance prices for Jeep Wrangler models. Learning as much as possible about how policy premiums are calculated can be of help when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$288||$362||$450||$26||$134||$1,260||$105|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$288||$362||$564||$34||$168||$1,416||$118|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$288||$464||$450||$26||$134||$1,362||$114|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$332||$362||$564||$34||$168||$1,460||$122|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$332||$464||$450||$26||$134||$1,406||$117|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$332||$362||$564||$34||$168||$1,460||$122|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$332||$362||$564||$34||$168||$1,460||$122|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$332||$464||$450||$26||$134||$1,406||$117|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$332||$464||$564||$34||$168||$1,562||$130|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$374||$464||$564||$34||$168||$1,604||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location information which can alter prices greatly.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can drive up Jeep Wrangler premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Oakland
Some companies don't necessarily list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to you. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model can save you some money because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies with one insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - If the company offers life insurance, you could get better auto insurance rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Oakland auto insurance online.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
The chart below compares Jeep Wrangler insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for homeowner, alternative fuel, youthful driver, bundle discounts, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, safe driver, company car, multi-policy, and student away at school.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, air bag, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for driver training, good student, renewal discount, safe driver, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA has discounts for safe driver, annual mileage, multi-vehicle, good student, military installation, loyalty savings, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be offered in Oakland.
Which is the best car insurance?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Oakland car insurance companies
Choosing a highly-rated auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in Oakland. The rank data shown next could help you select which auto insurance companies to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford