Have you finally had enough of scraping nickels together to insure your Chevy every month? You are in the same boat as most other people in California.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who compare rates annually will probably move their business because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved about $72 a month compared to people who never compared prices.
If saving the most money on Chevy Corvette insurance is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
How to quote cheaper Chevy Corvette insurance in Oakland
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers that sell auto insurance in Oakland.
- Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for information to help reduce prices and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Corvette insurance in Oakland. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to compare identical coverages on every quote and to quote with all possible companies. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
People have many insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to find the best rates for Chevy Corvette insurance in Oakland.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Chevy Corvette insurance in Oakland two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. There are lots of tips to save on Corvette insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ways to lower your car insurance rates in Oakland.
Ten discounts for lower-cost insurance quotes
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Oakland car insurance quote.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will help lower your overall premium however.
The illustration below compares Chevy Corvette auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, good driver, multi-vehicle, good student, early bird, mySafetyValet, and TimeAway discount.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for safe driver, renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, multiple policy, safe vehicle, student away at school, accident-free, and good driver.
- Travelers includes discounts for payment discounts, save driver, good student, student away at school, and driver training.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, driver training, anti-theft, air bag, defensive driver, and bundle.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Oakland. If you would like to view insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Oakland, click here.
Finding a lower price on Chevy Corvette insurance can be surprisingly simple. All that’s required is to spend a little time to get quotes to find out which insurance company has cheaper Oakland car insurance quotes.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to all the different Oakland insurance agencies. Doing it all online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the extra assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Oakland, CA. To get the best cheap auto insurance in CA, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Data for Chevy Corvette insurance
The coverage information shown below covers detailed analysis of insurance prices for Chevy Corvette models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are calculated is important for you to make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Corvette 2-Dr Coupe||$266||$510||$300||$18||$90||$1,184||$99|
|Corvette GS 2-Dr Coupe||$316||$570||$300||$18||$90||$1,294||$108|
|Corvette 2-Dr Convertible||$316||$570||$386||$22||$116||$1,410||$118|
|Corvette GS 2-Dr Convertible||$340||$630||$386||$22||$116||$1,494||$125|
|Corvette Z06 2-Dr Coupe||$340||$630||$300||$18||$90||$1,378||$115|
|Corvette ZR1 2-Dr Coupe||$438||$868||$300||$18||$90||$1,714||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify price quotes greatly.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can change Chevy Corvette annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims can impact Chevy Corvette auto insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
A small number of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
After filling out this short form, your information is emailed to insurance agents in Oakland who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you need to find an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Oakland that can give you price quote information.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Oakland that can give you rate quotes.
Car insurance policy coverages for a Chevy Corvette
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Corvette caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Corvette to bring the cost down.
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from flooding, fire damage, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income, emergency aid, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be adequate.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for things like X-ray expenses, doctor visits, pain medications, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
A few companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies. Cost effective Chevy Corvette insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
When you buy Oakland car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
How to buy low-cost Chevy Corvette insurance in Oakland
The best way we recommend to get more affordable Chevy Corvette insurance is to compare prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Oakland. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates such as your driving record and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. Once received, safely store the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)