Unbelievable but true, most auto insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Oakland could save $500 each year, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
The easiest way to get budget auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Oakland. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper TrailBlazer coverage is available in Oakland. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Be sure to place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good piece of advice is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes online with multiple companies.
Doing online rates comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to drive to insurance agencies in your area. The fact that you can get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the trained guidance of a local Oakland agent. Drivers can price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Oakland, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Insuring your TrailBlazer just makes sense
Despite the high cost, car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your Chevy and your personal assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in California is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How Your TrailBlazer Insurance Premiums are Determined
Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower premium levels.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
- High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet TrailBlazer by improving your rating. Insureds with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower ratings.
- Your address can impact price – Choosing to live in areas with lower population can save you money when it comes to insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- How much liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage when you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some insurance companies apply lower prices to insureds that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Vehicles with better crash test results mean better insurance rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
- Women pay lower premiums – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders cause accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Always have insurance – Driving any period of time without insurance is a misdemeanor and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my Chevy TrailBlazer covered for flood damage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Is pet coverage available?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Best auto insurance company in California
Picking the highest-rated auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Oakland. The ranking data shown next can help you choose which companies you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
More quotes mean more insurance savings
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can lower your Chevy TrailBlazer insurance prices in Oakland. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Active Military in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)