It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who get price comparisons are inclined to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A survey found that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best price on car insurance is your goal, knowing how to find companies and compare insurance rates can help you be more efficient.
The recommended way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Oakland is to compare prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in California. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for information to get cheaper coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Click to view companies
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One piece of advice is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Getting a cheap price on Chrysler Town and Country insurance is an easy way to save money. The only thing you need to do is take the time to get quotes from different insurance companies.
Getting free price quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to physically go to each insurance agency near you. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Some companies do allow you to get prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Oakland, CA. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Oakland, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Oakland
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before they will apply.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Oakland car insurance depending on your company.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple cars on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chrysler Town and Country auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer online Chrysler Town and Country insurance quotes in Oakland, click this link.
Chrysler Town and Country insurance coverage information
The rate information displayed next outlines different insurance policy prices for Chrysler Town and Country models. Having a better understanding of how insurance premiums are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Town and Country LX||$272||$438||$454||$26||$136||$1,326||$111|
|Town and Country Touring||$306||$534||$454||$26||$136||$1,456||$121|
|Town and Country Signature||$306||$534||$454||$26||$136||$1,456||$121|
|Town and Country Touring Plus||$306||$534||$454||$26||$136||$1,456||$121|
|Town and Country Limited||$342||$628||$454||$26||$136||$1,586||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Oakland which can modify rates significantly.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can change Chrysler Town and Country premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many drivers still like to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Oakland.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Oakland who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Oakland auto insurance agents come in two flavors
When researching a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can write car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the differences since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to compare prices from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are Oakland independent agencies who may be able to give you free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Oakland who can help you get comparison quotes.
Choosing the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Oakland, get answers to these questions.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Oakland?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Chrysler Town and Country to commute?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What is GAP insurance?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Get More Affordable Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that can add up on your Town and Country policy. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- Your liability limits – The liability section of your policy will provide protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Your credit rating will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. So if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Chrysler Town and Country by repairing your credit. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- More miles driven equals more premium – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your Town and Country may be wasting your money.
Careless drivers pay higher prices – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Having a single citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have serious violations such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents increase Chrysler Town and Country auto insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Women tend to cost less – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. They also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chrysler Town and Country annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
- Increase deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Oakland, auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Town and Country, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chrysler at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your Chrysler Town and Country but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Chrysler gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Do the work, save more money
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers and unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just read many tips how you can find affordable Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Oakland. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Oakland car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with a small mutual company.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Much more information about car insurance in California is available at the links below
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Oakland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Oakland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oakland Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)