The recommended way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Oakland is to annually compare prices from companies in California. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, read and learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies. View prices
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you're comparing the same level of coverage on every quote request and to quote with every company you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It's astonishing, but the vast majority of insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average premium in California being $1,387, drivers could cut their rates by $470 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
Insurance rate breakdown
The coverage information below covers a range of insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram models. Having a good grasp of how policy premiums are formulated can be of help when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$192||$274||$514||$30||$154||$1,164||$97|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$216||$332||$514||$30||$154||$1,246||$104|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$216||$332||$514||$30||$154||$1,246||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$216||$332||$514||$30||$154||$1,246||$104|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$216||$332||$514||$30||$154||$1,246||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$216||$332||$514||$30||$154||$1,246||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$216||$332||$514||$30||$154||$1,246||$104|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$216||$332||$514||$30||$154||$1,246||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$216||$332||$514||$30||$154||$1,246||$104|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$242||$392||$514||$30||$154||$1,332||$111|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$242||$392||$514||$30||$154||$1,332||$111|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$242||$392||$514||$30||$154||$1,332||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$242||$392||$514||$30||$154||$1,332||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$242||$392||$514||$30||$154||$1,332||$111|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$242||$392||$514||$30||$154||$1,332||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$242||$392||$514||$30||$154||$1,332||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$242||$392||$514||$30||$154||$1,332||$111|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$242||$392||$514||$30||$154||$1,332||$111|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$242||$452||$514||$30||$154||$1,392||$116|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$242||$452||$514||$30||$154||$1,392||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can influence price quotes substantially.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
It's important that you understand some of the elements that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower insurance prices.
The items below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine rates.
Gender as a rate factor - Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn't necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes have fender benders at about the same rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- More stress means more cost - Careers such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and stock brokers usually pay the highest average rates in part from high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, historians and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- How do annual miles impact premiums? - The higher the miles on your Dodge each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. It's a good idea to make sure your policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Ram is throwing money out the window.
- Insure car and home with the same company - Most major insurance companies will give discounts to clients who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount consumers should still shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Claim-free discounts can add up - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in California award cheaper rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Careless drivers pay higher premiums - Having a clean driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost substantially. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have received serious tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault fender-benders can affect Dodge Ram insurance premiums for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Don't give up on affordable premiums
You just learned a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Oakland. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cheap Dodge Ram insurance in Oakland can be bought both online and from local agencies, so get free Oakland car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not have online rate quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
More detailed insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Learners Permit in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)