The easiest way to get discount Dodge Stratus insurance in Oakland is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide car insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle's registration papers.
One piece of advice is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at all possible companies. This provides a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Shocking but true, most insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Oakland could save up to $470 every year just by shopping around, but they don't invest the time required to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to find better prices using the tips covered below. These techniques will let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. But California vehicle owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies charge you for coverage because rates are impacted by many factors.
How much is Dodge Stratus insurance in Oakland?
Just remember that comparing more quotes will enable you to find the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give Oakland Stratus insurance quotes online, so you also need to get rates from them as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Oakland, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Take advantage of these discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there's a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Memberships - Joining a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Dodge can qualify you for lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class in school.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for switch companies, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, mature driver, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, safe driver, youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, good student, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, five-year accident-free, federal employee, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, anti-theft, accident prevention training, homeowner, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including safety features, preferred payment discount, new graduate, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, and new vehicle discount.
If you are trying to find affordable Oakland auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Oakland. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer cheap Dodge Stratus insurance quotes in Oakland, follow this link.
Why you need insurance
Even though Oakland Stratus insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge Stratus, most lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
How much insurance do I need?
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Should I have guidance from an agent?
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Oakland who will return price quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent instantly to you. It's the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. A good agent in Oakland will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
When finding a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents in Oakland are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Oakland that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Maria Wong - State Farm Insurance Agent
1000 Broadway #270 - Oakland, CA 94607 - (510) 834-3634 - View Map
- Jain Williams - State Farm Insurance Agent
4222 MacArthur Blvd - Oakland, CA 94619 - (510) 530-3222 - View Map
- Judy Chambers - State Farm Insurance Agent
1305 Franklin St #400 - Oakland, CA 94612 - (510) 832-2195 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, it's recommended you compare quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below are Oakland independent agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- David E. Quan Agency Insurance Brokers, Inc.
523 47th St - Oakland, CA 94609 - (510) 653-8880 - View Map
- JCB Insurance Services
6427 Westover Dr - Oakland, CA 94611 - (510) 336-3490 - View Map
- All Purpose Insurance Agency
5857 MacArthur Blvd - Oakland, CA 94605 - (510) 382-1900 - View Map