Would you like to buy more competitive Ford Excursion insurance in Oakland? When searching for more affordable insurance, are you baffled by the number of car insurance sources available to you? California drivers have such a large number of options that it can quickly become a real hassle to find the perfect company for you. If you live there, you know that Oakland is an excellent city in which to live, but paying high car insurance rates can make it difficult for lots of drivers to buy proper levels of coverage.
How to find cheaper quotes for Ford Excursion insurance in Oakland
Really, the only way to save on car insurance rates in Oakland is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in California. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to understand coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover instructions to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Immediately keep the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One piece of advice is to try to use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This guarantees a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare rates annually will presumably buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $72 a month compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Ford Excursion insurance is your ultimate goal, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Our objective is to tell you the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, California consumers must know how big insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Ford Excursion insurance quotes comparison
When shopping for affordable Ford Excursion insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare prices from many insurance companies in California. By far the easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is to jump online and get quotes.
When quoting insurance, remember that quoting more provides better odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so you should also compare price estimates from them as well.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Oakland, CA. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in Oakland, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
You may qualify for discounts for Ford Excursion insurance in Oakland
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as the least known car insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may be able to get reduced rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, driver training, air bags, student driver, homeowners, and early bird.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, good student, and defensive driving training.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, good driver, education and occupation, good student, multi-car, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include exclusive group savings, safety features, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, and new graduate.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Oakland. If you would like to see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Oakland, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
Many people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agencies is especially important in Oakland.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you want a reputable agency, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Insurance agencies can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Oakland that may be able to give you price quotes.
- Fred Loya Insurance
1620 High St STE B – Oakland, CA 94601 – (510) 434-1801 – View Map
- Susan Bernosky – Strahan Ins Services Inc
5940 College Ave a – Oakland, CA 94618 – (510) 450-9051 – View Map
- Fiesta Auto Insurance Center
4102 International Blvd – Oakland, CA 94601 – (510) 261-1300 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Oakland who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Margarita Rodriguez
3028 International Blvd – Oakland, CA 94601 – (510) 532-8426 – View Map
- Frank Sanchez – State Farm Agent
5301 Claremont Ave – Oakland, CA 94618 – (510) 658-2722 – View Map
- Rich Kirchner – State Farm Insurance Agent
5736 Thornhill Dr Ste 101 – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 339-9340 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and your insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford Excursion, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Ford Excursion but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to save money.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, doctor visits, surgery and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your Excursion caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Excursion to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like court costs, loss of income, funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Ford Excursion.
Due to the fact that many California drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (California limits are 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
California auto insurance company ratings
Choosing a good quality insurer can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Oakland. The rank data in the lists below can help you select which companies you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Do the work, save more money
Budget-conscious Ford Excursion insurance is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Ford Excursion insurance in Oakland. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to buying low-cost Ford Excursion insurance in Oakland
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find discount car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Oakland.
- Try to learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)