How many times have you put off comparing quotes for more affordable Ford Expedition insurance in Oakland? Sick and tired of scraping nickels together to pay high insurance rates every month? You are no different than many other California drivers.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a high probability of getting low-cost coverage. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved about $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance in Oakland is why you’re reading this, then knowing the best way to compare coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
There are many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It’s a great practice to price shop coverage every six months because insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best rates on Ford Expedition insurance in Oakland six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the proper way to find better coverage on Ford Expedition insurance in Oakland at a better price.
Best Ford Expedition insurance price quotes in California
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Oakland, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Insurance coverage analysis
The price information displayed next covers detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Ford Expedition models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy premiums are calculated can help drivers make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$210||$298||$376||$22||$112||$1,018||$85|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$238||$362||$376||$22||$112||$1,110||$93|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$238||$362||$376||$22||$112||$1,110||$93|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$238||$362||$376||$22||$112||$1,110||$93|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$238||$426||$376||$22||$112||$1,174||$98|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$238||$426||$376||$22||$112||$1,174||$98|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$238||$426||$376||$22||$112||$1,174||$98|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$266||$426||$376||$22||$112||$1,202||$100|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$266||$426||$376||$22||$112||$1,202||$100|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$266||$426||$376||$22||$112||$1,202||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in your specific Oakland location which can raise or lower price quotes substantially.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Ford Expedition insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Oakland
The example below compares Ford Expedition insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The illustration below compares Ford Expedition insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford Expedition replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course in safe driver could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Ford could qualify for discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Ford Expedition insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The information is based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Oakland, follow this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Can I cancel at any time?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
What if I want to buy from local Oakland insurance agencies?
Certain consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Oakland that can give you free Oakland car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Oakland?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- If they are an independent agency in Oakland, which companies do they recommend?
- Will they give you a referral list?
If you want to use a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can choose from. Oakland agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Oakland who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are Oakland independent agents who can help you get price quotes.
Upon receiving good responses to your questions as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles. Just understand that once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage at any time so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to any particular company indefinitely.
Quote more and you will save more
Some companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers work with independent agencies. More affordable car insurance in Oakland is definitely available on the web in addition to many Oakland insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Ford Expedition insurance prices in Oakland. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Oakland car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
How to find cheaper quotes for Ford Expedition insurance in Oakland
The preferred way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in Oakland. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Oakland Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uninsured Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)