Do you need a fast way to compare low-cost Honda CR-V insurance in Oakland? Have you fallen victim to an under-performing, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, there are lots of people in the same boat.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop around at least once a year are highly likely to switch companies because they have good chances of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey discovered that drivers who routinely compared rates saved about $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly Honda CR-V insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning about how to compare insurance rates can make the process less intimidating.
Steps to buying discount Honda CR-V insurance in Oakland
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Honda CR-V insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies that insure vehicles in Oakland. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, read about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as inattentive driving and a low credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Due to the abundance of companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Honda CR-V in Oakland, it can be hard to pick a lower cost car insurance company.
You should take the time to compare premium rates yearly because prices change quite often. Just because you found the best deal on Honda CR-V insurance in Oakland a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the best ways to buy cheaper Honda CR-V insurance in Oakland.
Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Oakland is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you’re already insured, you will be able to find better prices using these methods. Drivers only need an understanding of the tricks to compare prices using one simple form.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
- Deter theft and pay less – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder your car from being stolen.
Tickets increase costs – Your driving record influences premium rates substantially. Even one driving citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get dangerous violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can impact Honda CR-V insurance rates for each different age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Continuous coverage lowers prices – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Higher rates for specific employers – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations like doctors, business owners, and miners generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work-related stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, historians and homemakers receive lower rates.
Honda CR-V insurance claim data – Companies use claims history in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that statistically have increased losses will have higher premium rates. The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Honda CR-V vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Honda CR-V Models Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD 68 81 58 93 86 77 Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD 69 82 69 90 87 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Rates and detailed analysis
The coverage information shown below outlines different prices for Honda CR-V models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are determined can benefit drivers when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$284||$554||$394||$24||$118||$1,374||$115|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$284||$554||$394||$24||$118||$1,374||$115|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$284||$554||$394||$24||$118||$1,374||$115|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$326||$554||$394||$24||$118||$1,416||$118|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$326||$554||$394||$24||$118||$1,416||$118|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$326||$554||$394||$24||$118||$1,416||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase premium rates significantly.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Honda CR-V premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Honda CR-V full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below shows the difference between Honda CR-V insurance prices with and without full coverage. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Honda CR-V replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $400 annually for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Oakland car insurance online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Oakland car insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety class could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Honda CR-V auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Insurance companies that have these benefits include:
If you want affordable Honda CR-V insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in Oakland. To view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click here to view.
Ratings for Oakland car insurance companies
Choosing the top insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in California. The rank data in the lists below can help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned many ways to get a better price on Honda CR-V insurance in Oakland. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Honda CR-V rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to finding discount Honda CR-V insurance in Oakland
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Honda CR-V insurance in Oakland is to regularly compare quotes from companies that insure vehicles in California.
- Step 1: Try to understand what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like distracted driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Oakland. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A good piece of advice is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oakland Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)