Statistics show that the vast majority of auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Many consumers in California could save about $500 a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare rates online.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Jaguar F-PACE insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in Oakland. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides the details to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Companies offering competitive Jaguar F-PACE rate quotes in Oakland, CA
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in California. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Oakland, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Five Tips to Get Cheap Oakland Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the different types of things that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find cheaper rates. Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Just one ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations like reckless driving or DUI may need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive.
- Single drivers take more risk – Having a spouse can actually save you money when shopping for car insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
- Policy add-ons add up – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Occupation stress can affect premiums – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals generally pay higher premium rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Better prices for being claim-free – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in California give discounts to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Cheap Oakland car insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Jaguar could qualify for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Oakland car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driver skills can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may have these benefits may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Oakland. To see insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in California, click here.
Car insurance agents can give valuable advice
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Oakland?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does their agency support local causes in Oakland?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Oakland that can give you price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Man Kin Lau
638 Webster St #200a – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 282-7996 – View Map
- Rich Kirchner – State Farm Insurance Agent
5736 Thornhill Dr Ste 101 – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 339-9340 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Thy Le
745 E 12th St #101 – Oakland, CA 94606 – (510) 465-2029 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to compare prices from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Oakland independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Travel Insurance Agency
610 16th St #508 – Oakland, CA 94612 – (510) 452-3366 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ruby Joyce Barnett
440 Grand Ave #450 – Oakland, CA 94610 – (510) 251-3800 – View Map
- Fiesta Auto Insurance Center
4102 International Blvd – Oakland, CA 94601 – (510) 261-1300 – View Map
California car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from a highly-rated insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies there are to choose from in California. The company ratings in the lists below may help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Which is the best car insurance?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Will my Jaguar F-PACE be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required California minimum liability coverage?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
We just covered a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Jaguar F-PACE insurance in Oakland. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Oakland car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best premium rates are with the least-expected company.
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much is Oakland Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)