Unimaginable but true, most insurance policyholders in California have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save almost $860 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest Jaguar X-Type insurance in Oakland is to compare quotes once a year from companies who provide auto insurance in California. You can compare prices by following these steps.
First, get an understanding of car insurance and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like inattentive driving and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper X-Type coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This provides a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Get discounts to get affordable Oakland auto insurance rates
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden auto insurance savings.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in defensive driving could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, pay in full, business and professional, multi-car, switch companies, and good student.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, multi-policy, safe driver, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, multiple autos, anti-theft, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, military active duty, membership and employees, federal employee, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- SAFECO discounts include homeowner, drive less, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and accident prevention training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including safety features, multi-car, new graduate, exclusive group savings, and new vehicle discount.
If you want low cost Oakland car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be offered in Oakland. To see companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click this link.
Getting a cheap price on Jaguar X-Type insurance can be surprisingly simple. You just have to take the time comparing free Oakland car insurance quotes from different insurance companies.
Getting free rate quotes online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to and from local Oakland insurance agencies. Comparing Jaguar X-Type insurance rate quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the personal advice of a local agency. Drivers can price shop online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Oakland, CA. To find the best car insurance in Oakland, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How to know if you need help
When buying your policy, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How much liability coverage do I need in California?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Do I need an agent?
Many people just want to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Oakland who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Oakland should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Different types of Oakland car insurance agents
When searching for a local Oakland insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Oakland can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into buying decisions.
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which can be an advantage.
The following are exclusive agents in Oakland that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are Oakland independent agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Find affordable auto insurance prices by comparing often
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Jaguar X-Type insurance rates in Oakland. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Low-cost Jaguar X-Type insurance in Oakland can be found both online and with local Oakland insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oakland Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Oakland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)