Trying to come up with a payment for pricey auto insurance can dwindle your bank account and force you to make tough financial choices. Doing a rate comparison is an excellent way to lower your monthly bill.
It’s astonishing, but a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,387, Oakland drivers could save as much as 35% a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to find affordable auto insurance rates.
How to find cheaper Nissan Juke insurance in Oakland
If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest Nissan Juke insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Oakland.
- First, get an understanding of policy coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for information to prevent high rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all claim big savings with catchy ads and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s important to compare prices on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the best rates on Nissan Juke insurance in Oakland a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to get good coverage on Nissan Juke insurance in Oakland at a lower rate.
How to lower your Nissan Juke insurance cost in Oakland
It’s important to know that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Oakland, CA. To get the best cheap auto insurance in CA, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Nissan Juke Insurance Rates?
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
Shown below are a few of the things insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Do you really need to file those insurance claims? – Auto insurance companies in California give the lowest premiums to policyholders who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Premiums may be higher where you live – Living in less populated areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
Having a spouse can save you money – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your insurance bill. Having a significant other translates into being less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Better rates for continuous coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California DMV.
Safety ratings are a factor – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If the Nissan Juke has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
Accidents will cost you – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Getting just one citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers with multiple tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Alarm systems lowers rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Nissan Juke insurance loss probability – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Nissan Juke vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Juke 2WD||101||104||77||111||134||113|
|Nissan Juke 4WD||107||112||75||120||115||105|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing the best Juke insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Oakland, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nissan, almost every bank will require that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Best auto insurance company in California
Picking the top insurer can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Oakland. The rank data displayed below can help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family