How long has it been since you compared lower-priced auto insurance rates in Oakland, CA? Oakland shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the lowest priced Volkswagen e-Golf insurance. They can either waste time driving around to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a Volkswagen and locate the best price possible from Oakland insurance agents and online providers.
If you have a policy now or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. The intent of this article is to tell you the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. Smart buyers just need to use the most efficient way to compare price quotes from many companies at once.
Oakland insurance discounts for a Volkswagen e-Golf
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some discounts are required to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a defensive driving class could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Oakland Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Oakland can save you money since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Early Switch Discount – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current e-Golf insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
Some of the insurance companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not apply everywhere. To choose companies with discount auto insurance rates in California, click this link.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in California. If you want the cheapest auto insurance in Oakland, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Lower Your Oakland Insurance Costs
Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand some of the things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower rates.
Shown below are some of the things that factor into your rates.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Many companies give lower prices to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most. It’s possible to still save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
- Women tend to be lower risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men have at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Older people tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers tend to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
- Lower mileage equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Volkswagen in a year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated e-Golf can cost quite a bit. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy states how each vehicle is driven.
Local Oakland insurance agents
Some consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower prices and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide free Oakland auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will one accident increase rates?
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Oakland, car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Volkswagen e-Golf has a lienholder, most banks will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so shop around at least once a year to save money.
California auto insurance company ratings
Picking the right car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The company information in the next section can help you analyze which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Quote often and quote early
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, high prices, unfair underwriting practices and denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider can be easier than you think.
Low-cost Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Oakland is available both online in addition to many Oakland insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Oakland. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
How to find low-cost rates for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Oakland
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Oakland. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Learn about coverages and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and a low credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper e-Golf coverage is available in Oakland. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Much more information about insurance in California is located at the links below
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Oakland Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)