Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Ford Five Hundred in California can be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to find lower rates.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Ford and get the best price possible from Oakland insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to compare premium rates at least once a year because rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Oakland a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re going to learn how to use online quotes to find lower rates on insurance.
All major insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate provide prices on their websites. Getting Ford Five Hundred insurance prices online doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. Once entered, the company’s rating system will order information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on these factors.
The ability to get online quotes for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Oakland makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the cheapest insurance rates.
To get comparison pricing now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will be getting a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Oakland, CA. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Oakland, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Five Hundred
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford Five Hundred has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Ford. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discounts can help to save on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Oakland
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Oakland car insurance online.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current Five Hundred insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for substantially lower prices.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy with one insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Ford Five Hundred insurance in Oakland.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Car insurance companies that may include most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Oakland.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agencies is important especially in Oakland.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Oakland who will give you bids for your business. You won’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurer requires more thought than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is there a local claims center in Oakland?
More effort can pay off
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We covered a lot of tips how to shop for Ford Five Hundred insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Oakland car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Oakland
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who can sell car insurance in Oakland. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Five Hundred coverage is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Additional auto insurance information is located at the links below
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)