It takes a little time, but the best way to find lower priced Ford Freestar insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in Oakland. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for more details to help prevent high rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Freestar coverage is available. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. Make sure you store the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that most drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in Oakland could save as much as $469 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare other rate quotes.
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from many different California insurance companies. The quickest method to compare insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates will enable you to find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Oakland, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Choosing the best Ford vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Oakland, insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your Ford Freestar and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Oakland auto insurance online.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Sign Early and Save – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current Freestar insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a safe driver class can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Paperless Signup – Many larger companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on the web.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Esurance may include discounts for Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, claim free, safety device, multi-policy, online shopper, and Switch & Save.
- Progressive has savings for good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, multi-car, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, new graduate, and newly married.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for safe driver, teen driver, company car, student away at school, paperless, and group or association.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, multi-policy, membership and employees, good student, air bags, and defensive driver.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered in Oakland. To find insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Oakland, click here.
Buying from insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is especially important in Oakland.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Oakland that give free quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Oakland can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Oakland who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Film Casualty Insurance Agency
3246 Ettie St #23 – Oakland, CA 94608 – (619) 578-3048 – View Map
- Thandi Insurance Brokerage
2859 Mandela Pkwy – Oakland, CA 94608 – (510) 452-1566 – View Map
- Susan Bernosky – Strahan Ins Services Inc
5940 College Ave a – Oakland, CA 94618 – (510) 450-9051 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Oakland who can help you get price quotes.
- Frank Sanchez – State Farm Agent
5301 Claremont Ave – Oakland, CA 94618 – (510) 658-2722 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Howard Ruud
5956 MacArthur Blvd – Oakland, CA 94605 – (510) 635-0608 – View Map
- Jose Cano – State Farm Insurance Agent
3301 E 12th St Suite 113 – Oakland, CA 94601 – (510) 533-8107 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What is the minimum liability in California?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Lower rates by being persistent
Low-cost Ford Freestar insurance in Oakland can be found both online in addition to many Oakland insurance agents, so you need to quote Oakland auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can find cheaper Ford Freestar insurance in Oakland. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Ford Freestar rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best auto insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)