Would you prefer to buy the cheapest Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Oakland? Have you finally had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul to insure your Fiat every month? Your situation is no different than many other California drivers.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around for better prices will probably move their business because the odds are good of finding more affordable rates. A recent car insurance study revealed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved $860 a year compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance in Oakland is your ultimate objective, understanding the best way to compare car insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
Lots of car insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest rate on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Oakland.
It’s a good habit to compare prices occasionally since prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest rate on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Oakland a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out how to quote online to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Locating the best rates in Oakland is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. But California vehicle owners do need to understand how big insurance companies sell insurance online.
Eight discounts for affordable car insurance rates
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a Oakland auto insurance quote.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive get Oakland auto insurance on their website.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
To see insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click this link.
When comparison shopping, comparing more rates from different companies will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in California. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Oakland, CA, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance agents can help
Some people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you directly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Oakland?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback to your questions and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an provider that meets the criteria to adequately provide car insurance.
Insurance policy specifics
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Coverage for liability
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability can pay for things like medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as theft, damage from getting keyed, hail damage and vandalism. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Fiat 124 Spider.
Due to the fact that many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (California limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your 124 Spider from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your 124 Spider in order to get cheaper collision rates.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to lower your Fiat 124 Spider insurance prices in Oakland. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Oakland auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
How to find the cheapest rates for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Oakland
The easiest way to find better pricing on Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell insurance in Oakland.
- First, try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper 124 Spider coverage is available in Oakland. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)