It’s shocking but almost 70% of insureds in California have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. The average driver in America could save an average of about $860 each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t want to shop around.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Oakland is to compare prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in California. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details. This article provides more information to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper C30 coverage is available in Oakland. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the following tips. We hope to let you in on how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. But California drivers do need to know the methods companies use to market insurance on the web because it varies considerably.
Premium rates and analysis
The information displayed next showcases detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Volvo C30 models. Being more informed about how rate quotes are established can assist in making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C30 T5 R-Design||$416||$792||$450||$26||$134||$1,818||$152|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can alter rates greatly.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Volvo C30 premium costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Volvo C30 liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volvo C30 car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo C30 book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Volvo C30 Insurance Price Factors
Lots of factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- Job stress can affect prices – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like doctors, business owners, and stock brokers are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work requirements and long work days. Conversely, occupations like farmers, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce premiums – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent auto theft.
Performance impacts insurance prices – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Small economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but your final cost has many other factors.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Volvo C30 rates compared to other models that have a range of performance rating factors.
Insurance premiums and driver gender – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but males have costlier accidents. They also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volvo C30 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Where you live – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married may save some money when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Bundle and save – Many insurers give discounts for people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
What is the best car insurance company in California?
Finding the right insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Oakland. The company rank data below can help you pick which auto insurance companies to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Shop smart and save
Budget-conscious Volvo C30 insurance is definitely available on the web and with local Oakland insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, high prices, policy non-renewal or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Immigrants in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Active Military in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)