Scraping up a payment for overpriced Honda Clarity insurance in Oakland can bottom out your budget and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Comparison shopping is an excellent way to lower your monthly bill.
Regrettably, about 70% of customers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in California can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they changed companies.
Steps to saving money on Honda Clarity insurance in Oakland
The preferred way to save on Honda Clarity insurance in Oakland is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in California. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Clarity coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good piece of advice is to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
People have multiple insurers to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to get the best deal for Honda Clarity insurance in Oakland.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Honda Clarity insurance in Oakland two years ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Our objective in writing this article is to familiarize you with the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques covered below. Drivers just need to use the quickest method to buy auto insurance from many different companies online.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in California. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in Oakland, CA, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
These discounts can slash Honda Clarity insurance rates
Some companies don’t always advertise every possible discount very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Student in College – Older children living away from Oakland attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new Clarity may earn a small discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Oakland car insurance quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to view insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Oakland, click here.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda Clarity in Oakland, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda, most lenders will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Oakland overpays more than $869 every year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Getting quotes from local Oakland car insurance agents
Some people would rather talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Oakland.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Oakland who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Exclusive and independent Oakland car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local Oakland insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Oakland can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can write auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Oakland that can give you free auto insurance quotes.
Thandi Insurance Brokerage
2859 Mandela Pkwy – Oakland, CA 94608 – (510) 452-1566 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Oakland that are able to give comparison quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
After receiving good answers to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.