How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for low-cost Lexus LFA insurance in Oakland? Are you overwhelmed by the wide range of auto insurance companies in your area? Lot’s of other people are too. There are so many choices that it can be a difficult mission to find better premium rates for Lexus LFA insurance in Oakland. Oakland is a great place to live, but finding the money to pay for auto insurance makes it impossible to be able to afford adequate coverage.
Steps to buying affordable Lexus LFA insurance in Oakland
The most effective way to save money on Lexus LFA insurance in Oakland is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who can sell car insurance in California.
- Step 1: Try to learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that most auto insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,400, Oakland drivers could save $500 a year, but most undervalue how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons occasionally because auto insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best rates on Lexus LFA insurance in Oakland a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes helps locate a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some smaller insurers do not give rate quotes online, so it’s important to compare rates from them, too.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Oakland, CA. To find the cheapest car insurance in CA, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Oakland, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lexus LFA has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Lexus and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in California is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find big savings.
- How much liability do you need? – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- City traffic equals higher premiums – Being located in a rural area is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Less people means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Insurance is expensive for youthful drivers – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers are proven to be inattentive behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The more miles you rack up on your Lexus annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your LFA may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet reflects annual mileage.
- Less chance of injury means lower rates – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Lexus LFA has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Stay claim-free and save – Insurance companies in California generally give cheaper rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Always keep your car insurance policy in force – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time. You may have to file a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
- Policy add-ons add up – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that you can buy on your LFA policy. Things like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Affordable Oakland car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get reduced rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with some car insurance companies.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles can earn cheaper rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount should help reduce the cost of your policy.
Car insurance companies who may offer these money-saving discounts include:
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Oakland.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When selecting your policy, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in California?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Oakland who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Oakland should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a local Oakland insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents in Oakland can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Oakland who may provide you with rate quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – Oakland – Mat Dahms Agency
4400 Keller Ave #260 – Oakland, CA 94605 – (510) 636-1440 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Francis H. Lan
900 Alice St Ste 128 – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 835-8581 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Jimmie Oliver
1800 55th Ave – Oakland, CA 94621 – (510) 517-7663 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, you definitely need to get quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are Oakland independent insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Aviation Marine Insurance Services
5707 Redwood Rd – Oakland, CA 94619 – (510) 530-4415 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ruby Joyce Barnett
440 Grand Ave #450 – Oakland, CA 94610 – (510) 251-3800 – View Map
- On My Way Insurance
320 10th St – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 893-3298 – View Map
Which car insurance company is best in Oakland?
Choosing the right company can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Oakland. The ranking data displayed below can help you decide which auto insurers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Smart shoppers get results
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Low-cost Lexus LFA insurance in Oakland can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
How to find discount Lexus LFA insurance in Oakland
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in Oakland. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best rate selection.
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Sonata in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Impreza in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)