A recent car insurance study discovered that the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Oakland consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates and save money.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save money on car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from different companies that insure vehicles in Oakland. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and a poor credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper NSX coverage is available in Oakland. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Acura NSX insurance in Oakland is to know most larger insurance companies allow for online access to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including if your license is active, your occupation, whether you have decent credit, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. That information gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
To check rates for your car now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. In order to find the best auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Acura NSX insurance in Oakland
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some must be asked for before you get the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Oakland may earn a discount on your bill.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Oakland can get you a discount since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total NSX insurance premium.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, multi-policy, payment discounts, and early quote.
- 21st Century has savings for homeowners, air bags, driver training, defensive driver, teen driver, 55 and older, and student driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, multiple autos, safe vehicle, good student, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, membership and employees, driver training, good student, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, drive less, teen safety rewards, safe driver, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not be available in your area. To view insurance companies with the best Acura NSX insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
Some consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How are claims handled?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Oakland?
If you want a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Oakland exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
- Jessica Hebert – State Farm Insurance Agent
490 Grand Ave #210 – Oakland, CA 94610 – (510) 653-2900 – View Map
- Fernando Valenzuela – State Farm Insurance
1236 30th Ave – Oakland, CA 94601 – (510) 533-9712 – View Map
- Stephanie Canessa – State Farm Insurance Agent
6228 Merced Ave – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 339-4444 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are Oakland independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- JCB Insurance Services
6427 Westover Dr – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 336-3490 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ruby Joyce Barnett
440 Grand Ave #450 – Oakland, CA 94610 – (510) 251-3800 – View Map
- Susan Bernosky – Strahan Ins Services Inc
5940 College Ave a – Oakland, CA 94618 – (510) 450-9051 – View Map
If you feel you receive positive responses to these questions and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets the criteria to provide car insurance coverage.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Oakland?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Acura NSX?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buy Acura NSX Insurance Cheaper
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- High claims frequency drives up rates – Car insurance companies in California award better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Don’t skimp on liability coverage – Liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are responsible for an accident. It provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Living in a small town is a good thing when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Bundle and save – Most major companies will award lower prices to people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare Acura NSX rates in Oakland to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Males pay higher rates – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Females and males get in accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers tend to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Don’t get traffic citations – How you drive has a big impact on rates. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Having a single moving violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Annual miles is a factor – Driving more miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy shows the correct driver usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your NSX may be wasting your money.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Oakland, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Acura at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your NSX outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Ratings for California auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in California. The ranking information below could help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Find affordable rates by comparing often
Lower-priced insurance in Oakland is definitely available both online in addition to many Oakland insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests or even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Felons in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Oakland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)