Chevy Traverse insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Would you like to stop wasting money and find lower-priced Chevy Traverse insurance in Oakland? No normal person gets a kick out of paying for insurance, especially when they are aware that the price is too high.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who routinely compared rates saved over $865 annually as compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance is your objective, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare car insurance can make shopping around easier. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with advertising and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's smart to price shop coverage yearly because insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest price on Chevy Traverse insurance in Oakland six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we're going to show you the things you must know in order to save on insurance.
Cheap Oakland insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts that many people don't even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy early. It could save around 10% when you buy Oakland auto insurance online.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way. But all discounts will positively reduce your insurance premiums.
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy Traverse auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who may offer some of the above discounts are:
Double check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Oakland. To locate insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Oakland, follow this link.
Getting low cost Chevy Traverse auto insurance pricing doesn't have to be difficult. Just take a couple of minutes comparing price quotes to see which company has low cost Oakland auto insurance quotes.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to go to each insurance agency near you. Buying insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the advice and guidance only provided by licensed Oakland agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Oakland, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
The coverage information shown next outlines estimates of insurance prices for Chevy Traverse models. Having knowledge of how policy rates are figured helps drivers make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$332||$464||$384||$22||$114||$1,316||$110|
|Traverse LS AWD||$374||$464||$384||$22||$114||$1,358||$113|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$374||$464||$384||$22||$114||$1,358||$113|
|Traverse LT AWD||$374||$564||$384||$22||$114||$1,458||$122|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$374||$564||$384||$22||$114||$1,458||$122|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$374||$564||$384||$22||$114||$1,458||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Oakland which can decrease or increase coverage prices greatly.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below shows the difference between Chevy Traverse premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact formula that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Chevy Traverse replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $200 annually for full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Oakland insurance agent
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Oakland who will give you bids for your coverage. You won't need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Oakland?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- If they are an independent agency in Oakland, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Below are agents in Oakland willing to provide price quotes for Chevy Traverse insurance in Oakland.
Best auto insurance in Oakland
Selecting a high-quality insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Oakland. The information in the next section can help you analyze which providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance - 95%
- USAA - 94%
- AAA of Southern California - 92%
- AAA Insurance - 91%
- Nationwide - 90%
- State Farm - 90%
- The Hartford - 89%
- GEICO - 89%
- The General - 88%
- 21st Century - 88%
Lower rates by being persistent
When getting Oakland auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you many ways to shop for Chevy Traverse insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to saving money on Chevy Traverse insurance in Oakland
The most effective way to save on Chevy Traverse insurance in Oakland is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in California.
- First, gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the newly selected company. Once received, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)