If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Oakland is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in California. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
First, get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will probably switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey found that people who compared rates regularly saved on average $865 annually compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving the most money on insurance in Oakland is your objective, then knowing how to compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the ideas presented in this article. This article will help educate you on how insurance works and some tricks to saving. But California consumers do need to learn the methods companies use to market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
When looking for affordable Oakland auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare quotes from lots of California car insurance companies. The best method to compare Jaguar XF insurance prices is to get quotes online.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more prices provides better odds of finding the best offered rates.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in California. To get cheap auto insurance in California, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Earn discounts on Oakland insurance
Insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Paperless Signup – Certain larger companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors could receive a small discount on rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get substantially lower insurance rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Memberships – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XF premium costs with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, passive restraint, good driver, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- American Family may offer discounts for accident-free, mySafetyValet, early bird, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, multi-policy, federal employee, defensive driver, and good student.
- 21st Century includes discounts for student driver, driver training, good student, theft prevention, early bird, and air bags.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Oakland.
Coverage statistics and figures
The rate table displayed next covers different insurance costs for Jaguar XF models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance prices are figured can be valuable when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XF Luxury 4-Dr Sedan||$378||$818||$534||$32||$160||$1,922||$160|
|XF Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$378||$818||$534||$32||$160||$1,922||$160|
|XF Supercharged 4-Dr Sedan||$412||$914||$534||$32||$160||$2,052||$171|
|XF R 4-Dr Sedan||$448||$1010||$534||$32||$160||$2,184||$182|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can affect coverage rates substantially.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Jaguar XF insurance premiums for different age groups. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XF yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Jaguar XF claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $300 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Five Tips to Get More Affordable Oakland Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The following are some of the things used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Liability protection is peace of mind – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Advanced theft deterrents – Driving a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Females pay lower costs – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XF yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Don’t cancel your policy without a new one in place – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
Tickets mean higher prices – Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Attentive drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Only having one citation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have received serious tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The example below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can impact Jaguar XF car insurance costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance loss data for a Jaguar XF – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine the price you pay. Models that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Jaguar XF vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jaguar XF Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XF 4dr 2WD 169 101 191 98 Jaguar XF 4dr 4WD 206 83 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance agents near you
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Oakland.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can write business with many different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include a few independent agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Oakland that may be able to give you price quotes.
- Thandi Insurance Brokerage
2859 Mandela Pkwy – Oakland, CA 94608 – (510) 452-1566 – View Map
- Ruth Stroup Insurance Agency
3560 Grand Ave – Oakland, CA 94610 – (510) 874-5700 – View Map
- Cook Disharoon and Greathouse Insurance Brokers
1942 Embarcadero – Oakland, CA 94606 – (510) 437-1900 – View Map
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are Oakland exclusive agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Howard Ruud
5956 MacArthur Blvd – Oakland, CA 94605 – (510) 635-0608 – View Map
- Ken Bullock – State Farm Insurance Agent
4490 Piedmont Ave – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 658-9616 – View Map
- Larry Sneed – State Farm Insurance Agent
11881 Skyline Blvd c – Oakland, CA 94619 – (510) 336-9909 – View Map
Selecting a auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in Oakland?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Oakland?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- When do they do a full risk review?
When to get professional advice
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- What is the ISO rating for a Jaguar XF?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
A little work can save a LOT of money
Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Jaguar XF insurance is available from both online companies in addition to many Oakland insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Oakland Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)