The best way we recommend to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Oakland. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic violations, and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new carrier. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates will probably buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent study showed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved on average $70 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance in Oakland is the reason you’re here, then knowing the best way to compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
If you already have coverage or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper insurance without having to cut coverage. Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Oakland is quite easy. Smart shoppers just need to understand the proper methods to shop online.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance at a Discount
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Continuous auto insurance coverage lowers auto insurance rates – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Liability coverage – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Small coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many extra coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Low credit score equals high premiums – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Kia Amanti by repairing your credit.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Many insurers apply discounts to insureds that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still compare other Oakland Amanti insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It’s possible to still save money by buying from different companies
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to know car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including if you require a SR-22, an estimate of your credit level, how many miles driven, and if it has an anti-theft system. Your rating data is instantly sent to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To check rates for your Kia Amanti now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Oakland.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Oakland, CA. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Oakland, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Amanti, almost all lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves your Kia Amanti and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Oakland may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive better car insurance rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select car insurance companies reward you with lower premium rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few car insurance companies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, safe vehicle, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new move discount, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, safety features, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, and newly retired.
- American Family discounts include mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, early bird, good student, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for business and professional, switch companies, homeowner, multi-car, mature driver, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, multi-policy, mature driver, good student, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, homeowner, anti-theft, bundle discounts, multi-car, and drive less.
Double check with every company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Oakland. To find car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Oakland, click this link.
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood Oakland auto insurance agent
Certain consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Oakland.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Oakland that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of Oakland car insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a good Oakland insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Oakland that may be able to give free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Oakland that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Who are their largest clients?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Upon receiving positive feedback to these questions as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that will properly service your car insurance policy.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
One last thing about your coverage
Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents. Cost effective Kia Amanti insurance is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
When searching for affordable Oakland car insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost.
We covered a lot of techniques to reduce Kia Amanti insurance auto insurance rates online in Oakland. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Kia Amanti insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read by following these links:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)