To save the most money, the best way to get affordable Volvo XC90 insurance in Oakland is to regularly compare prices from insurers in California. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many things that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of consumers in California kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save themselves approximately 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Companies offering Volvo XC90 insurance in California
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Oakland, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Car insurance data for a Volvo XC90
The rate table shown below covers a range of insurance costs for Volvo XC90 models. Having a better understanding of how car insurance premiums are calculated is important for you to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC90 3.2 2WD||$350||$624||$456||$26||$136||$1,592||$133|
|XC90 3.2 R-Design 2WD||$350||$624||$456||$26||$136||$1,592||$133|
|XC90 3.2 AWD||$390||$718||$456||$26||$136||$1,726||$144|
|XC90 V8 AWD||$390||$718||$456||$26||$136||$1,726||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence insurance rates considerably.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Volvo XC90 insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents drive up Volvo XC90 car insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance cost for men versus women in Oakland
The illustration below compares Volvo XC90 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below compares Volvo XC90 insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no written rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo XC90 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Car insurance policy discounts for Volvo XC90 insurance in Oakland
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every policy discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of larger companies will provide an incentive shop Oakland auto insurance digitally online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with some car insurance companies.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Oakland auto insurance quote.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims before the accident.
- Resident Student – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC90 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Local Oakland insurance agencies
Many drivers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is especially important in Oakland.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Oakland who will give you bids for your coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When finding a local Oakland insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to contact multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below are Oakland independent agencies that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Film Casualty Insurance Agency
3246 Ettie St #23 – Oakland, CA 94608 – (619) 578-3048 – View Map
- Susan Bernosky – Strahan Ins Services Inc
5940 College Ave a – Oakland, CA 94618 – (510) 450-9051 – View Map
- Western-Southern Life Insurance Co
80 Swan Way # 102 – Oakland, CA 94621 – (510) 877-4119 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Oakland that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Sharon Li
320 13th St #103 – Oakland, CA 94612 – (510) 986-1128 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Mahir Abdul-Haqq
4267 Masterson St – Oakland, CA 94619 – (510) 530-8502 – View Map
- Allison, Charlie – State Farm Insurance Agent
7677 Oakport St #530 – Oakland, CA 94621 – (510) 777-0123 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
Which car insurance company is best in California?
Choosing a good quality company can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Oakland. The ranking information in the next section may help you pick which companies to look at buying from.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses such as X-ray expenses, nursing services and surgery. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Volvo XC90.
Since many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 15/30/5 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, pain and suffering, emergency aid and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your XC90 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like vandalism, a broken windshield and hitting a deer. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Affordable auto insurance premiums are possible
You just read many ideas to lower your Volvo XC90 insurance prices in Oakland. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Volvo XC90 insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is easier than you think.
Additional auto insurance information is located below:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Traverse in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Oakland Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)