How long has it been since you compared quotes for cheaper insurance rates in Oakland, CA? Oakland buyers have many options when searching for the best price on Jaguar XK insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for a Jaguar and obtain the lowest price from Oakland insurance agents and online providers.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Oakland can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a current insurance policy, you will be able to get lower rates using this information. Comparison shoppers just need to learn the fastest way to get comparison quotes online.
Best companies for affordable Jaguar XK insurance in California
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Oakland, CA. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Oakland, we recommend you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Jaguar XK insurance statistics and information
The price information displayed below outlines estimates of insurance premium costs for Jaguar XK models. Having a better idea how rate quotes are calculated is important to be able to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$332||$846||$488||$28||$146||$1,840||$153|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$332||$846||$488||$28||$146||$1,840||$153|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$358||$774||$574||$34||$172||$1,912||$159|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$358||$774||$574||$34||$172||$1,912||$159|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect prices substantially.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Jaguar XK insurance costs for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Jaguar XK insurance rates: Men versus women
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XK yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The example below shows the comparison of Jaguar XK auto insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. Data assumes no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no written rule of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Jaguar XK replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Companies don’t always list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Oakland car insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used XK can be considerably cheaper since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on XK insurance in Oakland.
- Oakland Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
The chart below shows the comparison of Jaguar XK auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for business and professional, distant student, mature driver, multi-car, and electronic funds transfer.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-policy, air bags, driver training, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including safety device, claim free, anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for drive less, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, accident prevention training, and safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, good student, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click here to view.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
The items below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Big city or small town – Being located in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large California cities tend to have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Spending more time driving means more chance of being in an accident.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – The majority of companies will give better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find lower rates even if you insure with multiple companies
- Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Jaguar XK is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in California generally give discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Car insurance rates and age – Teen drivers in California are statistically proven to be inattentive when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage. A policy that improperly rates your XK can cost quite a bit.
- Poor credit rating equals high costs – Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating can be improved, you could save money insuring your Jaguar XK by improving your credit score. People with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
- Vocation stress can make you pay more – Careers like lawyers, police officers, and financial analysts tend to pay the highest rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, careers such as professors, students and performers pay lower than average rates.
Loss probability for a Jaguar XK – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting premium prices. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Jaguar XK vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Jaguar XK Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Jaguar Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XK 2dr 167 Jaguar XK Convertible 119BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing prices from local Oakland insurance agencies
Some consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Oakland who want to provide quotes to get your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Oakland?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Auto insurance agents in Oakland come in two varieties
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Oakland can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can handle insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Oakland who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Anthony Sue
3333 Grand Ave #203 – Oakland, CA 94610 – (510) 465-1544 – View Map
- Jose Cano – State Farm Insurance Agent
3301 E 12th St Suite 113 – Oakland, CA 94601 – (510) 533-8107 – View Map
- Jain Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
4222 MacArthur Blvd – Oakland, CA 94619 – (510) 530-3222 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When shopping rates, you should always include independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Oakland that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Film Casualty Insurance Agency
3246 Ettie St #23 – Oakland, CA 94608 – (619) 578-3048 – View Map
- All Purpose Insurance Agency
5857 MacArthur Blvd – Oakland, CA 94605 – (510) 382-1900 – View Map
- David E. Quan Agency Insurance Brokers, Inc.
523 47th St – Oakland, CA 94609 – (510) 653-8880 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in Oakland?
Ending up with a good quality insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in California. The rank data listed below may help you choose which companies to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Cheap car insurance premiums are possible
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Low-cost Jaguar XK insurance in Oakland is available online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Oakland car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
When searching for low cost Oakland car insurance quotes, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to buying lower priced Jaguar XK insurance in Oakland
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper Jaguar XK insurance in Oakland is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, read and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many things that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in the articles below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Oakland Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)