Are you intimidated by the crazy number of car insurance choices in your area? Drivers have such a large number of options that it can easily become more work than you anticipated to find a cheaper company. Everyone knows Oakland has lots to offer, but high car insurance premiums can make it nearly impossible to be able to afford adequate car insurance coverage limits.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who compare price quotes will probably switch companies because there are good odds of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey found that people who regularly compared rates saved on average $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Kia Rio insurance in Oakland is your goal, then having some knowledge of how to quote and compare insurance coverage can help you be more efficient.
It’s smart to compare rates before your policy renews since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on Kia Rio insurance in Oakland a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate quote today. You can find a lot of wrong information about Rio insurance online, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some tested techniques to put money back in your pocket.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Kia Rio insurance in Oakland is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies allow for online access to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details such as how much education you have, if a SR-22 is required, daily mileage, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your insurance information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. To locate cheap car insurance in Oakland, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Save a ton on Kia Rio insurance in Oakland with these insurance discounts
Some insurance providers do not list all available discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Oakland auto insurance online.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Rio can save you some money since newer models are generally safer.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a small discount on rates.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The information below compares Kia Rio car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
To locate providers offering insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Kia Rio insurance charts and tables
The premium information shown next covers estimates of insurance prices for Kia Rio models. Learning more about how rates are calculated is important to be able to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage prices substantially.
Cost of full coverage in Oakland
The example below visualizes the comparison of Kia Rio annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. Data assumes no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact formula of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Rio claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $800 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Lots of factors are used when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings.
The following are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Rio can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage correctly shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Advanced alarm systems – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
- Liability coverage preserves assets – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Younger driver insurance prices – More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Don’t cancel your coverage without a new one in place – Letting your insurance expire can be a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
- Do you have a stressful occupation? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts tend to pay the highest average rates in part from high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations like farmers, engineers and retirees get better rates.
Kia Rio claim probability – Insurers use historical loss data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will be charged more to insure. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Kia Rio vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Kia Rio Models Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Rio 90 109 81 141 158 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
Many people still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Oakland.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Below is a list of insurers in Oakland willing to provide comparison quotes for Kia Rio insurance in Oakland.
- Farmers Insurance – Thy Le
745 E 12th St #101 – Oakland, CA 94606 – (510) 465-2029 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Pamela Spikes
3410 Lakeshore Ave #204 – Oakland, CA 94610 – (510) 832-1005 – View Map
- Larry Sneed – State Farm Insurance Agent
11881 Skyline Blvd c – Oakland, CA 94619 – (510) 336-9909 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Mike Clauson
859 Clay St – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 839-3276 – View Map
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Once you have good responses to any questions you have as well as inexpensive Kia Rio insurance in Oakland quotes, you’ve probably found an insurer that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
Discount Kia Rio insurance in Oakland is available online and from local agencies, so get free Oakland auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Kia Rio insurance in Oakland. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Oakland auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Steps to saving on Kia Rio insurance in Oakland
The recommended way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Oakland. This can be done by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
More information can be found at the links below
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Oakland, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)