Did budget coverage turn out to be high-priced Mazda RX-8 insurance in Oakland? It’s a common feeling and there are many Oakland consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who compare price quotes are likely to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around saved approximately $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best price on insurance is your objective, learning the best way to quote and compare coverages can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
How to buy lower priced Mazda RX-8 insurance in Oakland
The most effective way to get affordable Mazda RX-8 insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies that sell auto insurance in Oakland. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, try to comprehend auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and a bad credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more details to prevent high prices and find hidden discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A key point to remember is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Having so many online and local companies to choose from, it is very difficult to choose the right insurance company.
Our objective in writing this article is to familiarize you with the most effective way to quote insurance and also save some money in the process If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. Vehicle owners just need to use the most effective way to compare rates online.
Companies offering Mazda RX-8 insurance in Oakland
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. To get cheap auto insurance in CA, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Rates and statistics
The data table shown next covers different policy rates for Mazda RX-8 models. Knowing how auto insurance prices are calculated helps drivers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX-8 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$412||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,926||$161|
|RX-8 Grand Touring 4-Dr Coupe||$412||$960||$500||$30||$150||$2,052||$171|
|RX-8 R3 4-Dr Coupe||$412||$960||$500||$30||$150||$2,052||$171|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence price quotes noticeably.
Driving violations and accidents
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can affect Mazda RX-8 insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable companies to monitor their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a Oakland car insurance quote.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Sign Online – Some companies give back up to $50 shop Oakland car insurance on your computer.
- Early Signing – Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current RX-8 insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Oakland car insurance quotes online.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new RX-8 is cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Mazda RX-8 car insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, air bags, defensive driver, seat belt use, military active duty, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century discounts include air bags, early bird, good student, student driver, defensive driver, and 55 and older.
- American Family may offer discounts for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and air bag.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, and AAA membership discount.
If you need affordable Oakland car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in every state.
How much insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Should I talk to an insurance agency?
A lot of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Oakland.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Oakland who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can handle car insurance, but it’s good to learn the differences since it may influence buying decisions.
These agents are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to check rates from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Oakland that may be able to give you free car insurance rate quotes.
Links Insurance Services
1155 3rd St # 220 – Oakland, CA 94607 – (925) 361-5185 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Oakland exclusive agents willing to provide price quotes.
Rich Kirchner – State Farm Insurance Agent
5736 Thornhill Dr Ste 101 – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 339-9340 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What companies can they write with?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Which family members are covered?
Car insurance policy coverages for a Mazda RX-8
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, hail damage, damage from getting keyed, fire damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like doctor visits, dental work, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like medical services, bail bonds, funeral expenses, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your RX-8 to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Mazda RX-8.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies. Affordable Mazda RX-8 insurance in Oakland can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Oakland, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
How to quote cheaper Mazda RX-8 insurance in Oakland
The best way to find better pricing on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Oakland is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who provide auto insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper RX-8 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Much more information about insurance in California can be read on the following sites:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Oakland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)