The preferred way to find cheaper quotes for Nissan 370Z insurance in Oakland is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in California. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Take a little time to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like your driving record and poor credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. This article provides the details to prevent high rates and find hidden discounts.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good tip to remember is that you use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Amazingly, most car insurance buyers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in California could pocket about $469 a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Deductibles are a factor – The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Extra coverages may be wasting money – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. They may seem good initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- Costs can change based on your address – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when it comes to auto insurance. City drivers regularly have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Low stress job equals lower rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like fire fighters, police officers, and financial analysts generally have the highest average rates attributed to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like professors, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Nissan 370Z statistical loss data – Insurance companies use statistical claims data to help determine costs. Models that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Nissan 370Z vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Nissan 370Z Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan 370Z 2dr 164 88 132 91 88 Nissan 370Z Convertible 129 73BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance coverage details
The table displayed below showcases estimates of insurance costs for Nissan 370Z models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance prices are figured can help drivers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$184||$408||$470||$28||$140||$1,230||$103|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$204||$408||$416||$24||$124||$1,176||$98|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$460||$470||$28||$140||$1,302||$109|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$204||$408||$416||$24||$124||$1,176||$98|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$514||$470||$28||$140||$1,356||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in Oakland location which can modify prices greatly.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The illustration below shows the difference between Nissan 370Z auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Nissan 370Z insurance discounts in Oakland
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but a few must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a small discount on rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a course teaching defensive driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- Sign Online – Many companies provide a small discount just for signing your application over the internet.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan 370Z insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- MetLife has savings for claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, good student, accident-free
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including age of vehicle, annual mileage, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, good student, good driver, and ease of repair.
- 21st Century discounts include automatic seat belts, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and air bags.
- Allstate has discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, auto/life discount, passive restraint, teenSMART discount, EZ pay plan discount, and 55 and retired.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be offered in Oakland.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can find cheaper Nissan 370Z insurance in Oakland. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Oakland car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Cheaper Nissan 370Z insurance in Oakland is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Oakland agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
When you buy Oakland car insurance online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)