It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will most likely switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A study discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $860 a year compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Dodge Durango insurance is your ultimate target, then knowing the best way to compare insurance coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The most effective way to get budget car insurance rates in Oakland is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend car insurance and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Once received, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from many different California insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the lowest Dodge Durango rates consists of shopping online.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies helps locate a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Oakland, CA. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in CA, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save with these discounts
Some companies don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Durango insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a slight reduction on a Oakland car insurance quote.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in California, click here.
Insuring your Dodge vehicle just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Durango insurance, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge, almost every bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays as much as $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Does my Dodge Durango need full coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Local insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to have an agent’s advice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Oakland.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Listed below are agents in Oakland that are able to give rate quotes for Dodge Durango insurance in Oakland.
- Jessica Hebert – State Farm Insurance Agent
490 Grand Ave #210 – Oakland, CA 94610 – (510) 653-2900 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Mike Clauson
859 Clay St – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 839-3276 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Howard Ruud
5956 MacArthur Blvd – Oakland, CA 94605 – (510) 635-0608 – View Map
- Joe Trapasso – State Farm Insurance Agent
1901 Harrison St Ste 100 – Oakland, CA 94612 – (510) 808-7120 – View Map
Finding a good provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Oakland should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Oakland?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?