How many times have you told yourself it’s time to shop around for more competitive Ford Transit Connect insurance in Oakland? Having to pay for pricey auto insurance in Oakland can diminish your personal savings and maybe even restrict other spending. Getting a rate comparison is a great way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who shop rates annually are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding better rates. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved about $865 annually as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best price on Ford Transit Connect insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to get price quotes and compare auto insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage. Companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Ford Transit Connect insurance in Oakland is to take advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. All you need to do is provide information including your education level, the ages of drivers, whether you have decent credit, and whether you are married. That rating data is submitted instantly to insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes almost instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Ford Transit Connect now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Oakland, CA. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Oakland, CA, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need Ford Transit Connect insurance in California
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Oakland, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Transit Connect, most lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Ford Transit Connect and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to save money.
Ford Transit Connect coverage statistics
The rate table shown below showcases detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Ford Transit Connect models. Having knowledge of how insurance quotes are determined can help drivers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Transit Connect XL 2WD||$330||$708||$596||$36||$178||$1,848||$154|
|Transit Connect XLT 2WD||$330||$708||$596||$36||$178||$1,848||$154|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise prices significantly.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can change Ford Transit Connect yearly insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Careless driving habits raise car insurance rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents increase Ford Transit Connect insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Transit Connect premium costs with and without full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no specific rule of when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford Transit Connect claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Score discounts to get cheaper Oakland car insurance quotes
Car insurance is expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the internet.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get better car insurance rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total Transit Connect insurance premium.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford Transit Connect auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, air bags, military active duty, good student, multi-vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-theft, teen safety rewards, drive less, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, driver’s education, anti-theft, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- 21st Century may include discounts for teen driver, driver training, anti-lock brakes, good student, student driver, defensive driver, and homeowners.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online signing.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Discounts may not be available in Oakland. To view insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Oakland, click here.
Are car insurance agents obsolete?
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting small agencies is especially important in Oakland.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Oakland that can provide free Oakland auto insurance quotes for your business. You never need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Oakland can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can write car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning why they differ since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, you definitely need to include several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agents in Oakland that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Greater Metrowest Insurance Agency
Oakland, CA 94612 – Oakland, CA 94612 – (510) 444-1404 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Oakland that can give you price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Oakland should be willing to answer these questions.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Oakland?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are they full-time agents?
California car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with a good quality insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in Oakland. The company rank data listed below can help you select which insurers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Affordable car insurance premiums are out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.
Cheap Ford Transit Connect insurance in Oakland can be found on the web and with local Oakland insurance agents, so you need to quote Oakland auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Ford Transit Connect insurance in Oakland
The most effective way to find cheaper Ford Transit Connect insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Oakland. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Oakland Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)