Amazingly, about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many drivers in California could save themselves nearly 35% a year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper Land Rover LR2 insurance in Oakland is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in California. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Read and learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for additional ideas to prevent rate hikes and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One bit of advice is that you use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This ensures a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
If you have insurance now or just want to save money, you can use these tips to save money while maintaining coverages. Obtaining price quotes for more affordable protection in Oakland is quite easy. Comparison shoppers just need to use the most time-saving way to compare rates from multiple carriers.
Cheap car insurance in Oakland, CA
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Oakland, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Data for Land Rover LR2 insurance
The price information shown below highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Land Rover LR2 models. Understanding more about how rates are established can benefit drivers when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR2 HSE Luxury||$490||$678||$578||$34||$174||$1,954||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Oakland which can lower or raise auto insurance rates significantly.
Do you need full coverage?
The example below compares Land Rover LR2 yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula for excluding comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Land Rover LR2 replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Don’t overlook these Land Rover LR2 insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Oakland auto insurance online.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on LR2 insurance in Oakland.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current LR2 insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Oakland drivers who agree to allow companies to look at their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used LR2 can get you a discount because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Oakland Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can get you a discount since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children living away from Oakland attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below compares Land Rover LR2 insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, driver training, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- Esurance discounts include homeowner, emergency road assistance, defensive driver, DriveSense, safety device, Pac-12 alumni, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, and good student.
Before buying, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not apply in Oakland. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in California, click here.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Some consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Oakland.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them because it can influence buying decisions.
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Oakland that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
- JCB Insurance Services
6427 Westover Dr – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 336-3490 – View Map
- Greater Metrowest Insurance Agency
Oakland, CA 94612 – Oakland, CA 94612 – (510) 444-1404 – View Map
- Thandi Insurance Brokerage
2859 Mandela Pkwy – Oakland, CA 94608 – (510) 452-1566 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Oakland willing to provide price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Jimmie Oliver
1800 55th Ave – Oakland, CA 94621 – (510) 517-7663 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Scott Halbrook
1433 Leimert Blvd – Oakland, CA 94602 – (510) 531-1432 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amy Cheok
180 2nd St #1 – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 338-3570 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Oakland should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
We’ve covered some good ideas how to reduce Land Rover LR2 insurance rates online in Oakland. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Oakland auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is actually quite simple.
Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and these smaller providers sell through independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance in Oakland is attainable on the web and with local Oakland insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional car insurance information is located below:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Oakland Car Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Seniors in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)