How long has it been since you shopped around for the cheapest Lincoln Continental insurance in Oakland? I can’t think of a single person who rejoices having to buy auto insurance, especially when the cost is too high.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who rate shop once a year will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on insurance in Oakland is your target objective, knowing how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Steps to buying low-cost Lincoln Continental insurance in Oakland
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable Lincoln Continental insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Oakland. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives more details to prevent rate hikes and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
A tip to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Many insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to find the lowest rate possible on Lincoln Continental insurance in Oakland.
When comparison shopping, more quotes helps you find more affordable rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in California. To find cheaper car insurance in Oakland, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before they will apply.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Early Signing – Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Continental insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better premium rates.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with several vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
If you would like to see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in California, click here.
Lower Your Oakland Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Always keep your coverage in force – Driving any period of time without insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Frequent policy claims will cost more – If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Car insurance companies in California generally give the best rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Occupations like lawyers, airline pilots, and dentists tend to have higher average rates in part from intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations like actors, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
- Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Oakland that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How long have they been in business?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Best car insurance agent in Oakland
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Oakland who can help you get rate quotes.
Rich Kirchner – State Farm Insurance Agent
5736 Thornhill Dr Ste 101 – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 339-9340 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they can write business amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part. When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to include a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are independent agents in Oakland that can give you price quotes.
Thandi Insurance Brokerage
2859 Mandela Pkwy – Oakland, CA 94608 – (510) 452-1566 – View Map
Quote often and quote early
As you quote Oakland car insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-conscious Lincoln Continental insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to many Oakland insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
How to save on Lincoln Continental insurance in Oakland
The best way to get low-cost Lincoln Continental insurance in Oakland is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in California.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
More detailed car insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Company Car in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)