A recent insurance study discovered that 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many drivers in California can cut their rates by $500 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they switched.
The recommended way to get discount Mazda 2 insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Oakland. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, it will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Companies offering Mazda 2 insurance in California
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Oakland, CA. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in CA, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
How You Can Control Mazda 2 Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you cheaper rates.
Less chance of injury means lower premiums – Safer cars cost less to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Mazda 2 has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Liability coverage limits on your policy – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Get hitched and get cheaper costs – Your spouse helps lower the price when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
How’s your driving record? – Being a careful driver can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Even one citation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten careless violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Raise deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims would be a broken side mirror, hitting a deer, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Eliminate incidental coverages – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
Prices are affected by your address – Residing in a rural area has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Mazda 2 insurance in Oakland
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before being credited.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of 20% or more.
- Oakland Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Oakland car insurance quote as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive and Allstate may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims before the accident.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Some companies that have some of the discounts shown above include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Oakland.
Compare prices but buy from a local Oakland insurance agent
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Oakland that can give you free Oakland car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What insurance companies do they work with in Oakland?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Oakland are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out how they are different since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Oakland who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they can write business with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, you should always get some free quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Oakland that are able to give price quotes.
Travel Insurance Agency
610 16th St #508 – Oakland, CA 94612 – (510) 452-3366 – View Map
Insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing coverage, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Is my Mazda 2 covered for flood damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Persistence will pay off
You just learned a lot of information how to find affordable Mazda 2 insurance in Oakland. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Oakland car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, high prices, unfair underwriting practices and even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Oakland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Oakland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Oakland? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)