The best way to get cheaper Oldsmobile Bravada insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies who sell auto insurance in Oakland. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides ideas to lower rates and find missing discounts.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who shopped around every year saved over $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving money on Oldsmobile Bravada insurance in Oakland is your ultimate objective, then learning a little about the best way to compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Four factors that impact insurance rates
Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find cheaper rates.
The items below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine prices.
- Don’t cut corners with liability coverage – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are responsible for an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- With age comes lower costs – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Young drivers have been known to be more careless when driving so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Your address can affect price – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities regularly have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Performance affects rates – The performance level of the car you drive makes a big difference in your rates. Lower cost passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Oldsmobile Bravada insurance quotes comparison
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be quick and easy. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes getting comparison quotes to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Oldsmobile Bravada rate quotes.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Oakland, CA. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Oakland, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Oakland, car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Oldsmobile Bravada, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Oldsmobile at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Oldsmobile and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Oakland overpays more than $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Score discounts to get cheaper Oakland car insurance quotes
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- College Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Oakland without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To find insurers with discount car insurance rates in California, click here.
You may need help from an insurance agency
A lot of people just want to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper rates and also buy local. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Oakland.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent because prices are sent directly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Types of car insurance agents
If you’re trying to find local Oakland agents, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive. Both can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, you will want to compare prices from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Oakland that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- All Purpose Insurance Agency
5857 MacArthur Blvd – Oakland, CA 94605 – (510) 382-1900 – View Map
- Links Insurance Services
1155 3rd St # 220 – Oakland, CA 94607 – (925) 361-5185 – View Map
- Western-Southern Life Insurance Co
80 Swan Way # 102 – Oakland, CA 94621 – (510) 877-4119 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Oakland exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Ken Bullock – State Farm Insurance Agent
4490 Piedmont Ave – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 658-9616 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Margarita Rodriguez
3028 International Blvd – Oakland, CA 94601 – (510) 532-8426 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Sharon Li
320 13th St #103 – Oakland, CA 94612 – (510) 986-1128 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Where are claims handled?
- How long has their agency been in business in Oakland?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Oakland?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Will just any policy work for me?
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Oldsmobile Bravada is totaled?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
Cheaper car insurance in Oakland can be sourced both online in addition to many Oakland insurance agents, so get free Oakland auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to save on Oldsmobile Bravada insurance in Oakland. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Impreza in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)