A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in Oakland could save nearly $500 every year, but they don’t invest the time required to do a rate comparison.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Oakland is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in California. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Oakland, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Oakland, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will force you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Pontiac Vibe detailed coverage information
The table displayed next highlights different insurance premium costs for Pontiac Vibe models. Being able to understand how car insurance prices are figured can be of help when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Oakland which can affect coverage rates substantially.
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Pontiac Vibe insurance costs for different age groups. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
You may qualify for discounts for Pontiac Vibe insurance in Oakland
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Oakland can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their company to study driving manner by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Online Discount – Many auto insurance companies will give you a small discount get Oakland auto insurance digitally online.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Vibe insurance in Oakland.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Vibe insurance in Oakland.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below shows the difference between Pontiac Vibe insurance premiums with and without discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, driver training, air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for multi-car, ease of repair, age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, air bags, driver training, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, student away at school, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click this link.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.