Searching for cheaper insurance for a Saturn Astra in California can be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Saturn and get the best price possible.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of car insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in California being $1,387, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they changed companies.
Smart consumers take time to compare premium rates on a regular basis because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best rate on Saturn Astra insurance in Oakland six months ago a different company probably has better prices today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Oakland is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you are insured now or just want cheaper rates, use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Comparison shoppers only need to know the proper methods to buy car insurance instantly.
Compare Saturn Astra insurance rates
Getting a cheaper price on Saturn Astra insurance isn’t really that difficult. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes to compare rates provided by online insurance companies.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in California. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Oakland, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Save with these ten money saving discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Oakland car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow companies to study their driving habits remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select car insurance companies reward you with lower prices if you buy life insurance from them.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your car insurance provider.
- Paperless Signup – Some companies will give a small break for signing up on the internet.
- Early Signing – Some companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current Astra insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
To see a list of car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in California, click here to view.