The preferred way to get budget Chrysler 200 insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies who provide car insurance in Oakland.
- Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. Oakland insurance shoppers could cut their rates by up to $470 a year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates online.
If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using these methods. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Oakland can be much easier if you know how to start. Nevertheless, California car owners need to learn how companies set your policy premium and take advantage of how the system works.
How much does Chrysler 200 insurance in Oakland, California cost?
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways to compare prices from all the different companies. The best method to find cheaper rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Comparison shopping rate quotes online is easy and it replaces the need to go to different Oakland agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a complicated situation and need the guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although, it is possible find lower rates online but have your policy serviced through an agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons helps you find more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in California. To find cheap car insurance in Oakland, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get discounts to get affordable Oakland insurance quotes
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Chrysler may enable drivers to earn cheaper premium rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can save you money since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Oakland and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current 200 insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to study vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, safe vehicle, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including online quote, Pac-12 alumni, good driver, renters, emergency road assistance, and safety device.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include exclusive group savings, new move discount, safety features, multi-car, and newly retired.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include safe vehicle, air bags, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, membership and employees, air bags, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find affordable Chrysler 200 insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Compare rates but buy from a local Oakland insurance agency
A lot of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Oakland that can provide free Oakland car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a company is decision based upon more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
If you would like to find a good Oakland insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Oakland agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Oakland that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance rates, you will want to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Oakland that are able to give price quotes.
Thandi Insurance Brokerage
2859 Mandela Pkwy – Oakland, CA 94608 – (510) 452-1566 – View Map
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Oakland
Lots of factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine rates.
Costs for men may be higher – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents at about the same rate, but males have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
Extra policy coverages you don’t use – Policies have optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your 200 policy. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Does your occupation raise your rates? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like judges, airline pilots, and medical professionals have higher premium rates in part from high stress levels and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers such as farmers, historians and retirees get better rates.
Liability limits should be high – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found liable for an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Careless driving leads to higher rates – Being a careful driver has a big impact on rates. Just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
High physical damage deductibles lower prices – Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, damage from fire, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Loss probability for a Chrysler 200 – Insurers factor in historical loss data to help determine the price you pay. Models that the data shows to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chrysler 200 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chrysler 200 2WD||117||113||116||174||189||152|
|Chrysler 200 4WD||117||112||108||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need insurance for your Chrysler vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Oakland, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chrysler 200 has a loan, most banks will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Chrysler for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Chrysler. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in California overpays as much as $865 each year so shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
We covered a lot of tips how to get a better price on Chrysler 200 insurance in Oakland. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read by following these links: