Purchasing low-cost Oakland Buick Regal insurance quotes online can appear to be impossible for consumers not familiar with comparing prices on the web. With so many agents and companies in the marketplace, how can anyone even start to compare every insurance company to find the lowest rates?
How to save on Buick Regal insurance in Oakland
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Oakland.
- First, take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover ideas to help keep rates affordable and find possible discounts that are available.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. View companies
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Regal coverage is available in Oakland. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Be sure to put the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who compare other rates will, in all likelihood, move their business because there are good odds of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent insurance study discovered that people who compared rates regularly saved $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance is your intention, then having some insight into how to compare insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
Obtaining price quotes for the lowest-priced insurance in Oakland is not as hard as you may think. Nearly every person who comparison shops for insurance will be able to lower their premiums. But California vehicle owners do need to learn the way companies charge you for coverage because rates are impacted by many factors.
Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Oakland, CA. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Oakland, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Regal can get you a discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger companies will give a small break for completing your application on the web.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will help lower your policy premium.
For a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in California, follow this link.
Car insurance company ratings
Choosing the right car insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices there are in California. The company rank data shown below can help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Informed Consumers Can Save Money
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower rates.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your prices.
Drivers with excellent credit save – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Therefore, if your credit score can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Regal by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit.
Prices and your address – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Lower rates come with age – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Young drivers have been known to be more careless in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – The majority of insurers allow a discount for people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a good possibility that you can find better rates even if you insure with multiple companies
Pay more by driving carelessly – How you drive impacts premiums far more than you think. Having a single chargeable violation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get serious tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Insurance loss statistics a Buick Regal – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data when determining insurance costs. Vehicles that tend to have increased losses will have higher premium rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Buick Regal vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years