It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who shop around for better prices will presumably move their business because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for car insurance is your ultimate target, understanding how to compare insurance rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The recommended way to find low-cost Ford Thunderbird insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Oakland.
- Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Thunderbird insurance. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Buying the lowest cost auto insurance in Oakland is not as hard as you think. Shoppers just have to learn how to quote multiple rates from many companies at once.
Compare Oakland Ford Thunderbird insurance quotes online
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. If you wish to find the best car insurance in Oakland, CA, we suggest you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Local Oakland insurance agencies
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get better rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is submitted to companies in Oakland who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Oakland?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How long has the business existed?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
If you would like to find a local agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Auto insurance agents in Oakland can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Oakland that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Patrick Siu
993 Jackson St – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 350-7829 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Anthony Sue
3333 Grand Ave #203 – Oakland, CA 94610 – (510) 465-1544 – View Map
- Rich Kirchner – State Farm Insurance Agent
5736 Thornhill Dr Ste 101 – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 339-9340 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent agents in Oakland that can give you price quotes.
- Susan Bernosky – Strahan Ins Services Inc
5940 College Ave a – Oakland, CA 94618 – (510) 450-9051 – View Map
- David E. Quan Agency Insurance Brokers, Inc.
523 47th St – Oakland, CA 94609 – (510) 653-8880 – View Map
- Greater Metrowest Insurance Agency
Oakland, CA 94612 – Oakland, CA 94612 – (510) 444-1404 – View Map