If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Oakland is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in California. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover instructions to get cheaper rates and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who shop for lower rates are likely to buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance is your objective, then having some insight into how to find and compare auto insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Locating the best rates in Oakland seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, use these techniques to find better prices and still get good coverage. Shoppers just have to learn the best way to shop from multiple carriers.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide information like the make and model of your vehicles, whether you are married, whether you drive to work or school, and how much school you completed. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to many different companies and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To compare rates for your Honda Accord Hybrid now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Oakland, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Get lower-cost Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Oakland with discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Oakland car insurance quote.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children living away from Oakland attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers are able to get a small discount on rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Accord Hybrid insurance in Oakland.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount simply for signing over the internet.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to view providers that offer multiple discounts in California, click here.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Shown below are agents in Oakland that may be willing to give price quote information for Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Oakland.
- Farmers Insurance: Howard Ruud
5956 MacArthur Blvd – Oakland, CA 94605 – (510) 635-0608 – View Map
- Maria Wong – State Farm Insurance Agent
1000 Broadway #270 – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 834-3634 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amy Cheok
180 2nd St #1 – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 338-3570 – View Map
- Joe Trapasso – State Farm Insurance Agent
1901 Harrison St Ste 100 – Oakland, CA 94612 – (510) 808-7120 – View Map
Once you have received positive feedback and inexpensive Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Oakland quotes, you may have found an insurance company that is a good match to properly service your insurance policy. Just be aware that policyholders can cancel coverage when you choose so don’t feel that you are obligated to the insurance policy for the full term.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does my Honda Accord Hybrid qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
The Honda Accord Hybrid Insurance Premium Equation
Many things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Most companies will award lower prices to clients who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
Small coverages can add up – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Insurance for rental car coverage, accidental death, and membership fees are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good initially, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
Younger vs. older drivers – More mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Optional features impact prices – Driving a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
File car insurance claims and pay more – Insurance companies in California give discounts to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
More traffic means higher claims – Choosing to live in a small town can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers tend to have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
Insurance loss data for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles – Companies use claims history to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Specific Honda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Accord Hybrid||96||80||98||89||76||84|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Even though Oakland Accord Hybrid insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Accord Hybrid, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance protects both your Honda and your personal assets. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $825 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to reduce Honda Accord Hybrid insurance prices online in Oakland. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Oakland car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from the smaller companies. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Some companies do not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Oakland is definitely available online and also from your neighborhood Oakland agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
More information can be read at these links:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Oakland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)