If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Oakland.
First, try to learn a little about how your policy works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more details to help find cheaper rates and get additional discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on HS 250h insurance in Oakland. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who compare price quotes are highly likely to switch auto insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding better rates. A survey found that consumers who compared rates annually saved as much as $850 each year compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of the best ways to shop for insurance premiums can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Lexus HS 250h insurance in Oakland takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as level of coverage desired, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, how much you drive, and the ages of drivers. That rating data is submitted instantly to multiple companies and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
To start a rate quote now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in California. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Oakland, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The rate information displayed next outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Lexus HS 250h models. Understanding more about how auto insurance policy rates are figured helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|HS 250H 4-Dr Sedan||$476||$960||$508||$30||$152||$2,126||$177|
|HS 250H Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$476||$960||$508||$30||$152||$2,126||$177|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can change auto insurance rates significantly.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Lexus HS 250h insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Discounts for cheap car insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers can get better car insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a safe driver course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Driving Data Discount – Oakland drivers who agree to allow their company to monitor driving patterns by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below shows the comparison of Lexus HS 250h insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Travelers may include discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, new car, continuous insurance, multi-car, and good student.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for theft prevention, teen driver, automatic seat belts, driver training, air bags, and 55 and older.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, passive restraint, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- GEICO has savings for air bags, defensive driver, seat belt use, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- SAFECO has discounts for drive less, multi-car, safe driver, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good student, good driver, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
When getting free Oakland auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies everywhere. To find providers with significant discounts in Oakland, click here to view.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Oakland, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lexus HS 250h, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Lexus gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in California overpays as much as $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
California auto insurance companies
Finding the right insurer can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in California. The company rank data below can help you pick which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying your policy, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Compare prices but buy from a local Oakland insurance agency
Many drivers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is definitely important in Oakland.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Oakland that can provide free Oakland auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The following are agents in Oakland that may be willing to give rate quotes for Lexus HS 250h insurance in Oakland.
- Thandi Insurance Brokerage
2859 Mandela Pkwy – Oakland, CA 94608 – (510) 452-1566 – View Map
- David E. Quan Agency Insurance Brokers, Inc.
523 47th St – Oakland, CA 94609 – (510) 653-8880 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Yonas Hagos
220 4th St Suite 200 – Oakland, CA 94607 – (510) 763-1030 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Anthony Sue
3333 Grand Ave #203 – Oakland, CA 94610 – (510) 465-1544 – View Map
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How long has the business existed?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Oakland?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- When do they do a full risk review?