The easiest way to find cheaper prices for Pontiac Solstice insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Oakland. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Get a basic knowledge of coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Solstice coverage is available in Oakland. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in the United States could save 46.5% a year, but most undervalue the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
Locating the best rates in Oakland is not that difficult. Virtually every driver who compares rates for car insurance will find better rates. But California vehicle owners must comprehend how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium because it varies considerably.
Companies offering Pontiac Solstice insurance in California
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in California. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Oakland, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Smart Buyers Save More
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
Being married can lower rates – Being married helps lower the price on your insurance policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more stable financially and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Drive less and pay lower prices – The more you drive your Pontiac annually the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Solstice is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
Your location is a factor – Having an address in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated California areas have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Higher commute times means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Prevent policy lapses – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Extra coverages are wasting money – There are many optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your insurance policy. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may seem good at first, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Save money with higher coverage deductibles – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to spend if the claim is covered. The more money you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Younger drivers pay higher prices – More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be more careless in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
Car features that lower premiums – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Get cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance rates in Oakland
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but some must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- E-sign – A handful of companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Oakland may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- College Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To view insurers who offer cheap Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes in Oakland in California, click here to view.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Many drivers still like to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Oakland who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an company requires you to look at more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- If they are an independent agency in Oakland, which companies do they recommend?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Oakland
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Oakland that can give you price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to include price quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are Oakland independent insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Thandi Insurance Brokerage
2859 Mandela Pkwy – Oakland, CA 94608 – (510) 452-1566 – View Map
California auto insurance company ratings
Picking the top insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in California. The ranking data shown next may help you choose which auto insurers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Oakland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Pontiac Solstice to commute?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Quote. Compare. Save.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance in Oakland is definitely available online and with local Oakland insurance agents, so you need to quote Oakland car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agencies.
When getting Oakland car insurance quotes online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Oakland? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)