Trying to find cheaper insurance for a Scion iQ in California could be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a better way to shop for insurance and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for your Scion and get the lowest price from Oakland insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons periodically since prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Scion iQ insurance in Oakland last year there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out the best way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Comparison shopping for more affordable insurance policy in Oakland is not as hard as you think. If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, take advantage of these tips to find better prices without having to cut coverage. Smart shoppers just need to use the tricks to compare company rates online from multiple companies.
Cheap car insurance in Oakland, CA
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Oakland, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower Your Oakland Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get big savings. Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Don’t cut corners with liability – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Liability provides legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Married people drive safer – Having a significant other may cut your premiums on your insurance bill. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
More stress means more cost – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as fire fighters, architects, and financial analysts generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers such as scientists, students and the unemployed get better rates.
Pay more out-of-pocket – The deductibles you choose tell how much you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Driving citations mean higher costs – Only having one ticket can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get license-revoking violations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Bundle policies with the same company – The majority of insurance companies give lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Lower prices with uninterrupted coverage – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the California DMV.
Scion iQ claim statistics – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that tend to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the loss history for Scion iQ vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Oakland insurance discounts for a Scion iQ
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Oakland auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Oakland auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Oakland can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, homeowner, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and accident prevention training.
- American Family offers discounts for mySafetyValet, early bird, good driver, air bags, and defensive driver.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, good student, and claim-free.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, membership and employees, daytime running lights, good student, and driver training.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
If you want low cost Oakland auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Oakland. To choose companies who offer free Scion iQ insurance quotes in California, follow this link.
When to contact an insurance agency
Certain consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agents is especially important in Oakland.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Oakland that give free quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Best car insurance agent in Oakland
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Agencies in Oakland are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to contact at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Oakland that can give you price quote information.
- Fred Loya Insurance
1620 High St STE B – Oakland, CA 94601 – (510) 434-1801 – View Map
- Aviation Marine Insurance Services
5707 Redwood Rd – Oakland, CA 94619 – (510) 530-4415 – View Map
- JCB Insurance Services
6427 Westover Dr – Oakland, CA 94611 – (510) 336-3490 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Oakland who can help you get price quote information.
- Jain Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
4222 MacArthur Blvd – Oakland, CA 94619 – (510) 530-3222 – View Map
- Kristen Law – State Farm Insurance Agent
3940 High St c – Oakland, CA 94619 – (510) 530-3200 – View Map
- State Farm: Julie La
3800 Park Blvd #200 – Oakland, CA 94602 – (510) 550-9775 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Where are claims handled?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always remember that when buying coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Will my Scion iQ be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
One last thing to lower rates
The cheapest Scion iQ insurance in Oakland can be bought on the web in addition to many Oakland insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Scion iQ insurance in Oakland
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Oakland is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in California.
- Step 1: Try to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates now
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper iQ coverage is available in Oakland. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to look at every company you can. This guarantees a level playing field and the best rate selection.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Oakland Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Oakland Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How Much are Oakland Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)