The preferred way to find affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who provide auto insurance in Oakland.
- Spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and bad credit can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Consumers in the U.S. could cut their rates by nearly $860 a year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates.
If you’re already insured or just want to save money, you can use these tips to get lower rates without reducing protection. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Oakland is really not that difficult. Smart shoppers just need to learn the quickest way to buy auto insurance from many different companies.
These discounts can slash Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in driver safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Crosstrek insurance in Oakland.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger auto insurance companies have a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, accident-free, claim-free, and good driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, multiple autos, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include location of vehicle, professional/association, ease of repair, good student, and good driver.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, air bags, defensive driver, early bird, homeowners, driver training, and student driver.
- Allstate offers discounts for new car, defensive driver, auto/life discount, anti-lock brakes, eSmart discount, farm vehicle, and FullPay discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Oakland. To view providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Oakland, click here.
How much is Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Oakland?
Most major insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get coverage price quotes online. The process is possible for anyone as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into the form. Upon sending the form, the system collects reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information. Quoting online for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Oakland makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
In order to get comparison pricing now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in California. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Oakland, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
What if I want to buy from local Oakland auto insurance agents?
Many people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Oakland.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Oakland who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can write auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to compare quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Featured below are Oakland independent insurance agents that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
Thandi Insurance Brokerage
2859 Mandela Pkwy – Oakland, CA 94608 – (510) 452-1566 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive agents in Oakland who can help you get price quotes.
Picking an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Where are claims handled?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
You can find affordable coverage
We covered many tips how you can compare Subaru Crosstrek insurance premium rates in Oakland. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When you buy Oakland car insurance online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about car insurance in California can be read at these links:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Oakland Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Oakland Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Oakland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Oakland? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)